Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poyet To Newcastle? (ed. Suspended by Brighton)

Just a hunch.

What are my odds betting people?

Comments

• Options
    Everton is my bet
  • Options
  • Options
    Nug said:

Everton is my bet

Martinez surely?
  • Options
    Have a bang on that.
  • Options
    My hunch is Martinez will stay at Wigan, Europa league/Dave Whelan factor, Laudrup will stay at Swansea, might even see Zola at Everton if God forbid Watford don't go up. Also believe Martinez might wait for something bigger.
  • Options
    Given the way his Brighton side played against the palarse, more chance at Barnet.
  • Options
    Rene Girard to Newcastle, Poyet/Martinez to Everton.
  • Options
    Pardew to Millwall then?
  • Options
    Yeah brighton were appalling last night
  • Options
    there are a lot of brighton fans who don't rate his tactics,and from what I saw last night (fair enough only one game) he doesn't have a plan B
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nug said:

Pardew to Millwall then?

We can dream.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Pardew to Millwall then?

if palace dont get up i can see him going there after he's sacked and holloway takes them into freefall.
  • Options
    Nug said:

My hunch is Martinez will stay at Wigan, Europa league/Dave Whelan factor, Laudrup will stay at Swansea, might even see Zola at Everton if God forbid Watford don't go up. Also believe Martinez might wait for something bigger.

If he is not involved with a compensation dispute with Sunderland Martin o'Niel could be a surprise choise for the Everton job.
  • Options
    Pardew is on a 8 year contract. They wont sack him for a few more years..
  • Options
    MattD said:

Pardew is on a 8 year contract. They wont sack him for a few more years..

Rolling contract, year by year extension if both parties agree
  • Options

Nug said:

If he is not involved with a compensation dispute with Sunderland Martin o'Niel could be a surprise choise for the Everton job.
    I hope this is true, I have always liked Martin O'Neill.

• Options
    Jackson said:

Nug said:

I hope this is true, I have always liked Martin O'Neill.

agreed, felt he was harshly treated at aston villa with the manchester clubs poaching their best players
  • Options
    Poyet linked with Fulham according to the The Telegraph this morning.
  • Options
    Steve Clarke to everton

Poyet to WBA

Curbs to Brighton
  • Options
    Steve Clarke or O'Neill are ideal for Everton and would be a perfect fit.

Poyet will step up soon to a mid-table Prem job but I don't think he's good enough for Everton.

Brighton are a strange one under him. They play some lovely football and can keep the ball well but often struggle to score more than one goal a game and cannot come from behind to win either. No plan B.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Go bookies put it on its the tip of the year
  • Options
    Nug said:

Everton are a top 6/7 club, he's unlikely to get a bigger club come in for him.
  • Options
    Everton: Martinez

Thats only thing which will happen here
  • Options
    Agreed, although he seems a decent bloke might want to give Europe a try and see if he can get Wigan straight back up. A year from now I could easily see one or two from Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and of course Chelsea looking for a new manager, I would also suggest Aston Villa have a bit more potential than Everton long-term, isn't Kenwright trying to get shot of the club?
  • Options
    Nug said:

Agreed, although he seems a decent bloke might want to give Europe a try and see if he can get Wigan straight back up. A year from now I could easily see one or two from Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and of course Chelsea looking for a new manager, I would also suggest Aston Villa have a bit more potential than Everton long-term, isn't Kenwright trying to get shot of the club?

Are you serious, Martinez is a good manager but his best ever job he will get coming straight from wigan will be Everton/Liverpool.

Arsenal/Man U/City/Chelsea & Spurs i think are beyond him unless he proves something at a bigger club then Wigan

• Options

Nug said:

Are you serious, Martinez is a good manager but his best ever job he will get coming straight from wigan will be Everton/Liverpool.

Arsenal/Man U/City/Chelsea & Spurs i think are beyond him unless he proves something at a bigger club then Wigan

Just an opinion mate.

Man Utd are taking Moyes. Chelsea took DiMatteo, Spurs took AVB, none of those managers had won a hatful of trophies, in fact AVB and DiMatteo had both been sacked from there previous jobs. I personally think Arsenal would be a great fit for him, they've won nothing for so long they could afford him a bit of time.
  • Options
    Poyet? .. why all the fuss ? .. he looks & talks like a friendly waiter and has managed a team with a decent budget from the 1st division to the championship .. if he were English the idea of him managing a top club would not even be on the media agenda
  • Options

Poyet? .. why all the fuss ? .. he looks & talks like a friendly waiter and has managed a team with a decent budget from the 1st division to the championship .. if he were English the idea of him managing a top club would not even be on the media agenda

Turned a boring Brighton team around.

Couldn't believe how improved they were when they beat us a few years ago at the valley. Passed the ball around us.
  • Options
    Think you've got a point Lincs. Thought he was jesus christ almighty when he had his team playing tippy tappy in League One, against donkeys, but this has proved less succesful in the champ, though getting Brighton into the playoffs is still an achievement. However, not a "shoe-in for the Premiership" kind of achievement.
  • Options
    Poyet has told his played, that he can't guarantee he will be in charge next season, according to TalkSport.