Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the covered end banners, how many and what do they say ?

Its been so long since I've really looked at them, as opposed to glancing at them, I'm struggling to recall this morning how many and what they all say...there's the walsh goal, the number of grounds...what else ?

Comments

• Options
    Feel the Rhythm
    Feel the Rhyme
    Get on up
    It's Bobsled time
  • Options
    My mind is glowing ....
  • Options
    Think one was:

SEVEN GROUNDS, ONE GNOME

or something like that
  • Options
    Apart from the Walsh goal banner they are all a bit corporate slogan-y ("seven grounds one home"). Also I believe they were Pardews idea which means they're rubbish and probably cost us £20k a week.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Apart from the Walsh goal banner they are all a bit corporate slogan-y ("seven grounds one home"). Also I believe they were Pardews idea which means they're rubbish and probably cost us £20k a week.

Don't take this the wrong way but f*ck off were they Pardew's idea or anything to do with that twat.

And it is "Eight Grounds, One Home". At least know your history.

Yes they are "slogany" as they are slogans FFS. They are banners so have banner headlines.

#walks off shaking head in disbelief#
  • Options
    They were a good idea but with them being at small and right at the back of the ground you can't read them and are therefore pretty pointless. Perhaps the trust could get them to hand over the front of the upper tier?
  • Options

se9addick said:

Don't take this the wrong way but f*ck off were they Pardew's idea or anything to do with that twat.

And it is "Eight Grounds, One Home". At least know your history.

Yes they are "slogany" as they are slogans FFS. They are banners so have banner headlines.

#walks off shaking head in disbelief#
    Can we assume they were your idea then ?
  • Options
    They were definitely Pardews idea.
  • Options
    One of the original ones has gone though. Is it the play-off goal times?
  • Options
    "Live By the Sword" is one of the ones I seem to remember.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pardews idea I believe.
  • Options
    The one decent idea that Pardew had.
  • Options
    Might be wrong but I seem to remember him paying for them out if his own pocket. Fair play.
  • Options
    Know your history Henry
  • Options
    He even wrote them himself

I remember him hanging them at the back of the covered end as a sign of his love
  • Options
    Mike said:

Know your history Henry

Good banner. Is that the one at the back of J block ?
  • Options
    P#ss off all you wind-up merchants : - )

And FOD thanks for suggesting banners on the middle tier. If omly someone had thought of that six years ago and if only that Varney bloke hadn't blocked it as the sponsors wanted that space.
  • Options
    What has happened to the couple that have been replaced?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    definitely Pardew ... apparently a former Fans Director was against the idea but Pardew over-ruled him
  • Options
    Fair play to Pardew, got to be the one and only decent thing he done for our club. Could have made them a bit bigger though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Corporate Charlton,the Manchester United of the South was his vision. It really could only have ever been Pardew's inspiration

They are a bit twee but I still like them, just can't see them
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

definitely Pardew ... apparently a former Fans Director was against the idea but Pardew over-ruled him

And you can do one too : - )

I do remember Pardew blocking the minutes applause as he thought it would be a "downer" for the players.
  • Options
    Ross said:

What has happened to the couple that have been replaced?

On display in the Club museum
  • Options
    you can read them easily if you're in the back 5 rows of the covered end
  • Options

P#ss off all you wind-up merchants : - )

And FOD thanks for suggesting banners on the middle tier. If omly someone had thought of that six years ago and if only that Varney bloke hadn't blocked it as the sponsors wanted that space.

The Trust which has only started this season and the Varney bloke that is now at Ebbsfleet?
  • Options
    I take it nobody else knows either although of course technically the answer is i suppose 0 and nothing as the banners are in the upper north and not the true covered end
  • Options
    I'd really like to see them again but unfortunately they are always obscured by those numpties standing up in front of them. Given it's the one good thing Pardew did it's not too much to ask to sit in your seat so the rest of us can read them is it???
  • Options
    If only the former fans director had the vision pardew did can you imagine the places we would be now

Pardew wanted the alan curbishley stand as the east yet the fans director blocked that
  • Options
    one of them says 'Im Alan Pardew and these banners were my idea'
  • Options
    I'm guessing should gave gone to specsavers isn't one of them