Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beats by Dre

Sadly I lost my in ear versions of these on Monday walking to the station. £120 lost.

I am looking at getting the headphones at £169.00.

Anyone got a pair? are they any good? should be for the price. Mixed reviews on line

Comments

• Options
    Is that what they really cost? Picked up a pair for less than a tenner is vietnam
  • Options
    They are pretty shite for 170 quid. Basically paying for the name.
  • Options
    How much ?
  • Options

They are pretty shite for 170 quid. Basically paying for the name.

Nail on the head. I do a lot of work in the music business and Beats aren't great headphones. Very much style over substance. Sennheiser is a very good brand.

• Options
    I use these. They dont have the 'beats by dre' name on them but for £150 less I dont mind! Sound quality is excellent, as is noise reduction

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD201-Lightweight-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0007XJSQC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368609617&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+headphones
  • Options
    Always chose Sennheiser.

• Options
    Cheers people, will take a look at other options. £170 saved. The £120 in ear ones were very good, someone must have had a good morning finding those.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Agree that Sennheiser are a good make, but I have been using Etymotic for a few years now and love them. In-ear, like your old ones rather than over the head, but great sound for me. Am on my 3rd pair (wear and tear my fault), but got the latest at Gatwick going on holiday and for an extra £10 a 3 year guarantee to replace like for like when they wear out.

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/mc5.html

I wouldn't touch the Dre! You should be able to get the Etymotic MC5 for £60.
  • Options
    B&W P3 the best I've tried in that price range.
  • Options

Always chose Sennheiser.

Have to agree with this, was trying some out in John Lewis yesterday, set of Beats for over £200 sounded okay, next to them Sennheiser for about £40, much much better sound.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    After some Bastard had it away with 2 iPods and my Sennheiser in-ear earphones while my wife was in hospital, I replaced them with a pair of Bose IE2 and I'm really happy with them. Comfortable to wear and very good sound quality for my use.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    OP, you lost your earphones which is a shame.
    someone tried to steal mine outside st johns station. the bloke was more after whatever the earphones were connected to (and i dont mean me). when he saw it was a tape player he gave it back, and with a look of pity on his face he then ran off.

• Options
    Shure are excellent as well. I'm currently using a pair of V-Modas which have incredible sound.
  • Options
    Good timing this post. Have been looking at getting a new pair of ear buds for general use and when running. My old apple buds used to fall out every 200 yards but during the winter months, it wasnt so much an issue as I'd run with a headband and that would keep them in but its too warm to run in a band now. Any suggestions?

I've been looking at Sennheiser OCX 685i and Yurbuds Ironman Inspire Pro's but still dont know what to go for. Has anyone owned a pair of bluetooth headphones before? Someone suggested I should look at Jaybird Bluebuds...
  • Options
    Klipsch X10i best I've bought but next time it will be a set of Shure.

Beats are more name and to be seen with, IMO
  • Options
    Bought a pair at Boston airport in October, they had broken by March.

For what I paid ($160), certainly not worth it once the novelty wears off.
  • Options
    wesc are pretty good and inexpensive i have beats aswell but i think like most things they are just a brand and mass production takes the qaulity of them down also check out marley and marshall as they are both pretty well priced and good qaulity
  • Options
    Beats are over-rated, not worth the money. Recently bought my wife a pair Goji (sp) about £40 in Curry's and far superior to Beats. Took my ipod with me to Curry's and listened to them all before buying.
  • Options
    Ive had a pair of these for at least 15 years and they are still the DJ industry standard headphones.Great sound and build quality at a decent price.

amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-II-Closed-Headphone-headband/dp/B000TDZOXG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368612978&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+hd-25-1+ii
  • Options
    Just play your music out loud on your phone speaker, it's what all the cool kids are doing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Munitio billets are supposed to be high quality...
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Good timing this post. Have been looking at getting a new pair of ear buds for general use and when running. My old apple buds used to fall out every 200 yards but during the winter months, it wasnt so much an issue as I'd run with a headband and that would keep them in but its too warm to run in a band now. Any suggestions?

I've been looking at Sennheiser OCX 685i and Yurbuds Ironman Inspire Pro's but still dont know what to go for. Has anyone owned a pair of bluetooth headphones before? Someone suggested I should look at Jaybird Bluebuds...

I have a pair of Sports Series 3 over head (or back of head) bluetooth. Very cheap but sound quality is fine. Couldn't be happier with them.

• Options

yup, agree with that
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

yup, agree with that
    They're better than Shaun.

• Options
    I seem to get through a pair of headphones every couple of months, i don't buy expensive pairs by any means, but i would have thought i would get more than a couple of months out of them. Does coiling them up wreck them? Is this the case with all headphones or would it just be that i am buying the £10 pairs?
  • Options
    Bought them off my brother for 30 who bought them off his mate who bought them off..... So on and so on !

Really can't see what's so great about them batterys run out in like 4 hours too.
  • Options
    If you buy Lady Gaga cans, you're paying for the name, same with Bieber. Because those artists are puppets. But Dre's had the cleanest beats in music for YEARS and was a sound technician before he started to make music so if you're going to pay for any 'name' I don't know why it would be anyone but Dr Dre.

Edit: unless of course you believe that he had nothing to do with the production and Monster just used his name.
  • Options
    I'm not sure precisley what tone deafness is but I think I've got it and thought I'd never be able to distinguish between good, average and bad hi-fi. Then I plugged in a pair of the standard Samsung in-ears....
    Not sure if it's any help, but there's this: whathifi.com/best-buys/Headphones
    The little SoundMagic jobbies look quite good vfm.
  • Options
    I have to agree that beats by dre are overcharged and overhyped crud, they do ot last long, While skul candy are cheap and crap and last about a month.
    Sennheisers are the way to go.

http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/d/adidas-sennheiser.jpg

I got these for £40 in Ocotber 2011, they are still going strong now, and they are used regularly
  • Options
    anything by Sennheissers or akg would be my suggestion MUCH better than beats by dre. They are all bass, not warm defined bass, just rattling bass. If you pay £30-50 - good for the train, travelling around, £50-80 high end bordering on producer level, £80+ professional level. That's just a rough guide, if you let me know how much you wanna spend and what you're looking to get out of them I can give you specific models. This is my thing, I'm a music producer by trade!