Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre season in SPAIN

The first-team squad will travel abroad the day after taking on the Wings, and will first face a Gibraltar XI on the Wednesday, July 10th before taking on St Mirren three days later near Marbella.

I emailed the club several months ago re this but they did not know the details. Wouldn't it be helpful if the club decided FEB/MAR/APR time to give the fans a chance to watch the boys abroad and combine it with a week away.

Now I am committed to a week away with the Mrs near Alicante so will see how far away the Gibraltar game is and week away in Marbella in SEPT which I could have easily organised for this week but due to flight prices etc had to book early.

Comments

• Options
    Cabbie, are they playing Gib IN Gib ? And do you know where the 'near Marbella' is?
  • Options
    Gutted... moving house on July 13th. How do I break it to the missus and managing agents that I won't be around to sign off as I'm on the lash in the Costa del Sol? Need a tactical think here...
  • Options
    Arrive back from Kos with the Mrs on the Sun. Just need to break it to her that she'll have to get home from Gatwick herself and im jumping straight on another flight :-)
  • Options
    If i told my missus our yearly holiday in the sun was to watch Charlton take on St Mirren, id never see her or my daughter again.

Dunno how you lot get away with it or even attempt it.
  • Options
    Would like to do both games but i will happy to get to the St Mirren one.
  • Options

If i told my missus our yearly holiday in the sun was to watch Charlton take on St Mirren, id never see her or my daughter again.

Gary, gotta put your foot down from day 1 mate . You've blown it-submisive forever.
  • Options
    No carbs before marbs
  • Options

Would like to do both games but i will happy to get to the St Mirren one.

Drunken Scotsmen about too, would be a laugh.

• Options
    Maybe it is just me - but not sure I would want to spend my hols watching us play St Mirren in Spain? Driving down Route 1 in Cali with the Pacific to the side versus watching us play a pre season friendly in Spain.

Er - no thanks!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope the club get the ticketing policy right.
  • Options
    I reckon Seb Lewis might be up for going
  • Options
    Not sure full details just what was on the official site.
    Hopefully next year they will announce it earlier
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Maybe it is just me - but not sure I would want to spend my hols watching us play St Mirren in Spain? Driving down Route 1 in Cali with the Pacific to the side versus watching us play a pre season friendly in Spain.

Er - no thanks!

That's not really the point though, and a lot of people can't afford to go to a far flung place each year. There'd be sun, beer and Charlton, you're guaranteed a laugh with certain characters about. Also a good chance of meeting some players too I'd bet, maybe even out and about in the evening.

• Options
    cabbie8 said:

Not sure full details just what was on the official site.
    Hopefully next year they will announce it earlier

This is early compared to previous years!
  • Options
    When we played at mirren up there in 91 their fans were spot on. Invited us back to their social club after for a few scoops.
  • Options
    Shame we're not playing St Mirren at St Mirren - does no-one at the club give any thought to our Glasgow-based supporter(s)? ;-)
  • Options
    Was there not a few St.Mirren/Charlton fans up at Carlise for the 4v3 a few years back??
  • Options
    May have been Dundee??
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Er - no thanks!

That's not really the point though, and a lot of people can't afford to go to a far flung place each year. There'd be sun, beer and Charlton, you're guaranteed a laugh with certain characters about. Also a good chance of meeting some players too I'd bet, maybe even out and about in the evening.

And it's not that clear-cut anyway. Should probably have waited until September for that trip! Chances are the Pacific Ocean will be invisible because of the sea fog which is common around Frisco Bay as well as along the entire coastline of California in the summer.
    Makes watching CAFC in sunny Spain seem very attractive indeed (and so much cheaper)!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are we going to be playing the Watford A team?
  • Options

Gary, gotta put your foot down from day 1 mate . You've blown it-submisive forever.
    Nutshell. Or just get the other half into it and go together. When the dates are finalised my Missus will be online looking for hotels before I am.
  • Options
    The Gib XI game is in the Victoria Stadium in Gib. They played Pompey there last year and thrashed them. The St Mirren game will probably be played at the ESS facility in either Puerto Banus or Fuengirola - but I am guessing.
  • Options
    Gonna and have this, only 900 miles from me doorstep! ; )
  • Options

Gutted... moving house on July 13th. How do I break it to the missus and managing agents that I won't be around to sign off as I'm on the lash in the Costa del Sol? Need a tactical think here...

just leave a note mate, it'll all work out in the end.....
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

RedPanda said:

Er - no thanks!

And it's not that clear-cut anyway. Should probably have waited until September for that trip! Chances are the Pacific Ocean will be invisible because of the sea fog which is common around Frisco Bay as well as along the entire coastline of California in the summer.
    Makes watching CAFC in sunny Spain seem very attractive indeed (and so much cheaper)!
    I wouldn't want to go California anyway after reading The Grapes of Wrath, sod that.

• Options
    All Booked Staying In Malaga For Week Then Going To The Games! 3rd Season I've Been In A Row!!
  • Options
    £140 return with Ryanair to Malaga Out 16.00 on Friday 12th Back on 14th.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

RedPanda said:

Er - no thanks!

It isnt a money thing. Replace Charlton v St Mirren with Tuscany. Just my view on a holiday. We spend all winter at the Valley, but each to their own.

The fog tends to roll in in Southern California from mid May to start of July or so. Usually burning off by midday, but go 5 mins inland and it will be 30 degress regardless. Not so much a holiday anyway - we have family there and spend 4 weeks or so a year in Cali. Hence family time probs puts my statement in context a bit.
  • Options

Nutshell. Or just get the other half into it and go together. When the dates are finalised my Missus will be online looking for hotels before I am.
    Not even waiting for the venues, she has already been looking at our favourite Gib hotel...