Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hotels in South East of England

Sister is getting married later this year and due to there work commitments and having a 2 year old she is not able to have a honeymoon. As a present I want to book a weekend away for the two of them without the little one so they get a bit of of a honeymoon.

Looking for somewhere no more than 2 hours from Essex so they don't spend a large part driving. Can anyone recommend any nice hotels in the South East of England?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Eastwell Manor, Ashford.

http://www.eastwellmanor.co.uk/
  • Options
    www.booking.com

Good website, you can search for specific facilities, ie, spa, pool etc, and normally no upfront fees.
  • Options
    Depends on your price range. Hartwell House near Aylesbury is very nice, as is Hanbury Manor near Ware. Worth looking at Trip Advisor UK and you can get great recommendations sorted by price range.
  • Options
    No particular suggestions, but what a kind thought R & C! Good for you, I am sure it will be appreciated.
  • Options
    Certainly only a couple of hours drive time from Essex but does Norfolk count as SE England?
    If so, there's this place: conghamhallhotel.co.uk/
    Winner of "Best Small UK Hotel 12/13", has three Red AA Stars and two red rosettes for food. Also has a decent Spa if that's important. Nice place, close to Sandringham and the excellent Norfolk beaches at places like Hunstanton.
  • Options
    The George in Rye is nice. 5 minutes from Camber Sands in the centre of town with many good restaurants. Trendy but not too expensive.

http://www.thegeorgeinrye.com/

Being in Essex, Southwold on the Suffolk coast would be a nice destination too although I've never stayed at a hotel there.
  • Options
    Mate, not quite the South-East but if they head in the other direction to Norwich, De Vere's 'Dunston Hall Hotel' is a nice gaff. It's about 6 miles south of Norwich on the Ipswich road so is in a perfect location for coming up from Essex. Norwich is also a top place to visit and they will have the Broads on their doorstep as well.

Check it out:

www.devere-hotels.co.uk/hotel-lodges/locations/dunston-hall.html
  • Options

Mate, not quite the South-East but if they head in the other direction to Norwich, De Vere's 'Dunston Hall Hotel' is a nice gaff. It's about 6 miles south of Norwich on the Ipswich road so is in a perfect location for coming up from Essex. Norwich is also a top place to visit and they will have the Broads on their doorstep as well.

Check it out:

www.devere-hotels.co.uk/hotel-lodges/locations/dunston-hall.html

You beat me to it!

We stayed there as a family (including small baby) for my youngest's graduation last year and it was fine for all ages.
  • Options
    South Lodge - http://www.southlodgehotel.co.uk/EXCLUSIVE_HOTELS/the_hotel.aspx
    Ockenden Manor - http://www.hshotels.co.uk/ockenden-manor-hotel-and-spa
    Langshott Manor - http://www.alexanderhotels.co.uk/langshott-manor-luxury-hotel-surrey/

All three are very very nice hotels just off the M23. Hour at most from the Dartford crossing. Langshott is the best of the three but doesnt have a spa thing. Ockenden has a spa and a Michelin star restaurant. I think South Lodge has a Michelin restaurant too now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I stayed here pebblebeach-uk.com/penthouse.php when we played Bournemouth - maybe outside your driving time?
    It's really a restaurant - but a very good one - with a few rooms attached. The "Penthouse" which used to be the owner's flat is the only room with a sea view (and huge private balcony) and the only one I'd recommend. While a bit pricey, the room's facilities are excellent. One word of caution, there's a clue about the quality of the beach in the name! (But Bournemouth's a short drive.) Chewton Glen with its cool "treehouses" is just down the road but that's out of the reach of almost everybody except Croesus pricewise!
  • Options
    Stone said:

The George in Rye is nice. 5 minutes from Camber Sands in the centre of town with many good restaurants. Trendy but not too expensive.

http://www.thegeorgeinrye.com/

Being in Essex, Southwold on the Suffolk coast would be a nice destination too although I've never stayed at a hotel there.

I second The George in Rye. I was about to mention the same hotel. I stayed there a couple of years ago for our belated wedding anniversary and it was fantastic; food, room, staff, hotel and the lovely town itself.

• Options
    Haven't been for a while but always liked The Imperial at Hythe
  • Options
    The Spa Hotel in Tonbridge Wells was good too but The George in Rye has to be my favourite hotel. I also think that the Hotel du Vin chain are pretty good too.
  • Options
    Jeakes house Rye is nice boutique hotel. But, Southwold is the best, stayed in both the Adnams brewery owned hotels and they are lovely. Southwold really nice place, like stepping back in time.
  • Options
    Rowhill Grange is stunning. 10 mins from Dartford.

• Options
    Cheers guys will have a look at all suggestions.
  • Options
    Would recommend hotels in the handpicked group. Loads of deals in some lovely hotels, often with very nice dinner included.
  • Options
    The Antigallican.
  • Options

The Antigallican.

Dress code.......Hi-Vis
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Haven't been for a while but always liked The Imperial at Hythe

I'm a member of the gym there. Wouldn't sent a honey moon couple there, not that great.

• Options
    Leeds Castle is in a really nice area of Kent
  • Options
    A little further to drive but we stayed at The Master Builders in Beaulieu for my partner's 40th. Its a really lovely hotel in a stunning setting.
  • Options
    I think there's a new one in Charlton
  • Options
    Shag said:

haha, whatever happened to that?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wotton House in Dorking, Surrey. Beautiful hotel and area.

m.superbreak.com/mt/www.superbreak.com/hotels/wotton_house_2_night_offer_1st_night_dinner-hotel-1759.htm

2 nights B and B plus a nights dinner. Normally around 150 for two people altogether. It's amazing the place
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Shag said:

haha, whatever happened to that?

Dunno ! But makes me laugh every time , and all my mates