Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Embarassing conversations

No1 in a series – This week John Terry explains to his grandchild why he wore a Chelsea shirt after the Europa Cup final in Amsterdam.

Kid: Cor, Grandad is that you in the picture with the cup?
JT: Yep, that’s me holding the cup up, and that’s me dancing on the pitch with the rest of team
Kid: Wow, that’s brilliant. What was is like playing on the night?
JT: Errm, shall we go and play with the trainset I’ve just bought you, it’s really cool.
Kid: No granddad I wanna hear about the game, what number were you?
JT: 26
Kid: Well that’s funny Grandad, I looked in the programme and there’s no number 26 on the Chelsea teamsheet
JT: Perhaps that’s a misprint, gimme that programme here and let me look
Kid:Did you play all the game Grandad?
JT: We’ll, aherm, not quite, you see son, it was squad rotation system in those days.
Kid: So you didn’t play in that game then?
JT: I did play in most of them son, let’s go and have a look out the window and see if your mum is coming.
Kid: No granddad, I wanna hear more about the game
JT: Well, we were all over ‘em as usual.
Kid: But you said you didn’t play in that game Grandad
JT: No, I was injured but I was allowed to put my kit on and join in after
Kid: Did the other injured players do that then?
JT: Err, not sure son.
Kid: My teachers used to support Chelsea then, but now they are in the 3rd division he goes and watches Welling United. He reckons you’re a nobhead.

Please feel free to add or continue this conversation ;-)

Comments

• edited May 2013
    JT: Listen you little shit, i played 387 times for Chelsea, scoring 32 goals and winning The Premier league 3 times, the FA Cup 5 times, the league cup twice, the UEFA Champions league and Europa Cup, and i was club captain for all of these expolits. Oh and i played for my country 78 times. Whats you teacher won??...primary school teacher of the year?..well then, shut up. And go tell your nan im feeling horny.
  • Kid: Why you kissing her Grandad, that's not nan?
  • JT: Listen you little shit, i played 387 times for Chelsea, scoring 32 goals and winning The Premier league 3 times, the FA Cup 5 times, the league cup twice, the UEFA Champions league and Europa Cup, and i was club captain for all of these expolits. Oh and i played for my country 78 times. Whats you teacher won??...primary school teacher of the year?..well then, shut up. And go tell your nan im feeling horny.

JT: Yet I'm still known as the full kit wanker who didn't play in the European finals.

• maybe they thought that if he was in the kit the photos would look better maybe they didn't.
    anyhow who really gives a flying
  • JT: Listen you little shit, i played 387 times for Chelsea, scoring 32 goals and winning The Premier league 3 times, the FA Cup 5 times, the league cup twice, the UEFA Champions league and Europa Cup, and i was club captain for all of these expolits. Oh and i played for my country 78 times. Whats you teacher won??...primary school teacher of the year?..well then, shut up. And go tell your nan im feeling horny.

JT: Yet I'm still known as the full kit wanker who didn't play in the European finals.

JT: Except that one where I took a penalty and fell over
  • Kid - Grandad, you can't park there.
  • Kid - is great grandma out robbing again?
  • Kid - great grandad, have you got any gear?
  • And yet Chelsea just won't let the 'Old Guard' go, they have given Lampard a new deal and I think Terry's contract still has a couple of years left.

Until those two go it will be very hard for a manager to assert his authority.
  • And yet Chelsea just won't let the 'Old Guard' go, they have given Lampard a new deal and I think Terry's contract still has a couple of years left.

Fair point. But they are still winning trophies. 3 in Two years and getting in the top 4 aint bad.
  • Sponsored links:

What's wrong with offering Lamps a new deal?
  • No1 in a series – This week John Terry explains to his grandchild why he wore a Chelsea shirt after the Europa Cup final in Amsterdam.

Kid: Cor, Grandad is that you in the picture with the cup?
    JT: Yep, that’s me holding the cup up, and that’s me dancing on the pitch with the rest of team
    Kid: Wow, that’s brilliant. What was is like playing on the night?
    JT: Errm, shall we go and play with the trainset I’ve just bought you, it’s really cool.
    Kid: No granddad I wanna hear about the game, what number were you?
    JT: 26
    Kid: Well that’s funny Grandad, I looked in the programme and there’s no number 26 on the Chelsea teamsheet
    JT: Perhaps that’s a misprint, gimme that programme here and let me look
    Kid:Did you play all the game Grandad?
    JT: We’ll, aherm, not quite, you see son, it was squad rotation system in those days.
    Kid: So you didn’t play in that game then?
    JT: I did play in most of them son, let’s go and have a look out the window and see if your mum is coming.
    Kid: No granddad, I wanna hear more about the game
    JT: Well, we were all over ‘em as usual.
    Kid: But you said you didn’t play in that game Grandad
    JT: No, I was injured but I was allowed to put my kit on and join in after
    Kid: Did the other injured players do that then?
    JT: Err, not sure son.
    Kid: My teachers used to support Chelsea then, but now they are in the 3rd division he goes and watches Welling United. He reckons you’re a nobhead.

Please feel free to add or continue this conversation ;-)

I can just imagine the conversation between Samsung and Chelsea this morning if he wasn't wearing his sponsored shirt. I doubt that they'd be all that pleased if he was wearing a non-branded item of clothing.

• Kid - why dont you ever invite your teammates and their wives over for dinner?
  • Kid - why are football forums full of bile about you...is everyone else perfect Grandad?
  • Got found out big time by our kid when he was about 10. "I used to think that dad knew everything; now I know he just thinks he does."
  • Grandad why is your daddy in the newspapers selling drugs
    .and why is gran nan nicking things from shops