Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Erhun Oztumer (pg.24 on loan to Bristol Rovers)

Comments

• CH4RLTON said:

Just seen the highlights from yesterdays win over SCP` s Southend, what a player ,ive said it before and ill say it again id love see us bring him back.

Would be a great signing - surprised he hasn't been more sought after.
    If Wikipedia is correct, his 2 year contract runs out in the summer. I imagine a few clubs will be after him, as he's a proven match winner in L1
  • Considering how short he is you would have thought he'd be first on KR's list.
  • And he plays just off the striker so could fit beautifully into Karl’s formation. I don’t expect he is making too much of a list at the moment though....
  • Considering how short he is you would have thought he'd be first on KR's list.

You might be surprised to know that Oztumer was a target last summer but it seems as a club, and not just Robinson, we spent too much energy and effort into signing Reeves.

Okay Doyle chose not to move down south at the time, but we theoretically could’ve had Doyle and Oztumer and Mavididi had he joined instead of Preston. Add that to Magennis, Clarke, Holmes and Fosu. Things could’ve been very different but they aren’t so this is pretty much pointless me going on about it.

Cracking player and one I would be very happy to have next season.
  • Should be top of our transfer targets list already.
  • Local lad went bexleyheath school, believe he is dubbed the Turkish messi
  • edited March 2018
    Sage said:

Considering how short he is you would have thought he'd be first on KR's list.

You might be surprised to know that Oztumer was a target last summer but it seems as a club, and not just Robinson, we spent too much energy and effort into signing Reeves.

Okay Doyle chose not to move down south at the time, but we theoretically could’ve had Doyle and Oztumer and Mavididi had he joined instead of Preston. Add that to Magennis, Clarke, Holmes and Fosu. Things could’ve been very different but they aren’t so this is pretty much pointless me going on about it.

It baffles me (not really) how a club can spend so much time on getting in one player on a free transfer that we lose out on any number of other targets.

Unless I guess you mean "waited so long for."
  • Said it before but he’s the best player I’ve ever seen at non league level. Made some defences look like 4 year olds who could barely run at that level.

Would love to have him here just for the song hamlet sung, “I heard a rumour...”
  • edited March 2018
    SDAddick said:

Sage said:

It baffles me (not really) how a club can spend so much time on getting in one player on a free transfer that we lose out on any number of other targets.

Quite so. The focus at the beginning was getting in Reeves early, it didn’t happen, we wanted Oztumer and should’ve went out and got him, but it soon switched back to Reeves. I believe finances were involved as in Roland didn’t want to pay anything for Oztumer, hence we only spent a nominal fee on Clarke and compensation on Fosu, and we waited far too long for Reeves.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wouldn’t be surprised if tommy dreadful with the laptop took one look at erhun’s height and the fact he was non league and said a big fat “no”. That and he was on our books at some point, can’t have anyone with an affiliation with the club here can we!
  • He'd be our best passer of the ball if he joined. Just what we need, although Josh making the right runs would help too.
  • Sage said:

SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Quite so. The focus at the beginning was getting in Reeves early, it didn’t happen, we wanted Oztumer and should’ve went out and got him, but it soon switched back to Reeves. I believe finances were involved as in Roland didn’t want to pay anything for Oztumer, hence we only spent a nominal fee on Clarke and compensation on Fosu, and we waited far too long for Reeves.
    Okay, that makes more sense in that we only had finances for one and Roland didn't want to pay a fee. I mean, it doesn't necessarily "make sense" given I'm guessing the sums involved are very small and we've sold or moved on big earners, but it at least tracks better than "we cannot focus on more than one transfer target at a time."
  • JamesSeed said:

He'd be our best passer of the ball if he joined. Just what we need, although Josh making the right runs would help too.

Maybe a midfielder putting the ball in the right place would make josh's existing runs the right runs
  • The only problem I would have with signing him is that we already have the shortest team in league one.
    But as long as we offload some of the dross we have in the summer and bring in a few taller more physical players better suited to this league then yes why not
  • He was at Wembley watching the game. Saw him on the way out the stadium 
    Loads of former players, and seemingly future players as well watching us last Sunday!
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe they were targetting him wether we stayed up or not
  • Superb in league one for Walsall but didn't exactly make the step up to the championship that well. Was he injured at Bolton as he hardly played?
  • I think it's a step up from reeves 
  • I expected us to be back in for him regardless of division. Would already be here if Chef Evans move didn't break down.
  • se9addick said:
    From Bolton to Charlton, bloke doesn’t have much luck! 
    Really? I must have missed it, but I don't remember Charlton having to give a team a 1-0 victory, because the players going on strike because they hadn't been paid!
  • edited June 2019
    We had a number of former youth players returning during the Powell years (Green, Haynes and Wilson), not had any others since?