Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Partnership with Global Image Sports Announced

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130520-global-image-sports-826123.aspx

Sounds good and we even get to see what our new Chief Commercial Officer looks like.

Not too much detail on how it works but there appear to be similar partnerships with other clubs including Wolves, West Ham, The Massives and Fulham in the UK and Sampdoria, Chievo and Utrecht in Europe.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Disappointed there was no Keith Peacock on the pitch holding aloft a scarf.....
  • Options

...we even get to see what our new Chief Commercial Officer looks like.

Which one is he?

• Options
    maybe exchange some players
  • Options

"Global Image Sports was formed in 2010 evolving from the success of the West Ham United International Academy which began in 2006. We represent European professional football clubs in North America and in some cases around the world. Our strategic partnership agreements with each of our European professional football clubs allows us to assist them in player scouting and development of their global brand via constant consultation and feedback."
  • Options

...we even get to see what our new Chief Commercial Officer looks like.

Which one is he?

Don't know but I guess he's on the left of the picture in the tie.
  • Options
    Steve Gritt's son is working with the New York Red Bulls coaching on their commnity scheme. I wonder if we'll link up with them?!?

Apparently they have a tricky winger out there - Lloyd something......could do a job. And his mate Terry :-)
  • Options
    Wonder if they'll do something here in Alberta, Gavin Peacock has turned my previous non-exsitintant local high school team into all conquering Champions!
  • Options
    Must be a big deal for GIS: they haven't yet bothered to issue a press release, update their website or say anything on Twitter.
    Clearly things move slowly in Suite 305, 3455 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Duluth, Georgia (Population 26,000).
    Personally I'm always a bit cautious about very small businesses with pompous names. Still, one of their management team once did some work "alongside" Umbro, so I guess Part-time Prothero is using his extensive contact base....
  • Options
    Don't know how we are going to handle this - what with the youth tie-up with Liverpool as part of the Shelvey deal.

We will have so many talented youngsters coming from Liverpool and the USA, that our own under-achieving academy will be proper shown-up.

• Options
    for some insane reason ive got the scene from step brothers when they pitch prestiege worldwide in my head..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are the kids from Inter still about?
  • Options

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130520-global-image-sports-826123.aspx

Sounds good and we even get to see what our new Chief Commercial Officer looks like.

What? The Mysterons must be slipping, his face should be pixelated at least...
  • Options
    What about the lads from ASEC academy?
  • Options
    Are they based offshore?
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Wonder if they'll do something here in Alberta, Gavin Peacock has turned my previous non-exsitintant local high school team into all conquering Champions!

If we do put some money into the region I am sure they would find some absolute gems. With the popularity of football in the area increasing all the time, there just needs to be some coaches who know what they are doing and are not hockey coaches turned football coaches. I am surprised more teams have not come to Alberta and BC to develop young talent as it is quite untapped.

• Options
    Global Image Sports sounds like the type of shifty organisation Doctor Who fights against, undoubtedly a front for Sontarans or Cybermen.
  • Options
    Apparently we've arranged just to get all the tall lads.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Are they based offshore?

BVI I'm told!
  • Options

Oakster said:

If we do put some money into the region I am sure they would find some absolute gems. With the popularity of football in the area increasing all the time, there just needs to be some coaches who know what they are doing and are not hockey coaches turned football coaches. I am surprised more teams have not come to Alberta and BC to develop young talent as it is quite untapped.

well Owen Hargreaves & Asmir begovic are proof that there is talent in this here province - I really would like to see Will Johnson of the Portland Timbers in a Charlton shirt - truly excellent midfielder, box-to-box, combative & knows how to score - I'll even overlook the fact that he's from Toronto.
  • Options
    Just spotted this on twitter , could be another link to the ever important academy
    http://charltonnorthamericanacademy.com/Camps.html