Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How They Buried The Truth

Anyone watching this. Its so sickening to watch

Comments

• Options
    Yeah. Not sure why I watch these Hillsborough documentaries as they always get me wound up.
  • Options
    There's a lot of people to blame, on both sides
  • Options
    Quite amazing really, the lengths they went to, to cover things up
  • Options
    yes, I just hope that justice is eventually done, but I doubt it.
  • Options
    Didnt realise this was on, but fortunately its repeated. Slightly surprised Panorama are doing this now, as its only a couple of months since the BBC ran "Hillsborough - Never forgotten" which was so powerful I was in tears, and have marked it "keep" on my skybox.

Will be interested to read what people make of the whole programme
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

There's a lot of people to blame, on both sides

Are one of the sides the fans?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

There's a lot of people to blame

There - fixed that up for you.

• Options
    Found that very upsetting ,
  • Options
    Stomach churned a few times watching the footage, very upsetting.
  • Options
    Still half an hour after am still raging.

The old bill and successive politicians (on both sides) couldn't have been more corrupt if they tried.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    That tunnel was a death trap, didn't realise how sparsely populated the end sections were. Absolutely disgraceful, justice for the 96
  • Options
    Horrendous viewing so much corruption and deciept the way it was hidden the way people tried to speak out

Dusgusting behaviour from people we are supposed to trust

Justice for the 96 is such a powerful slogan and as fans of football we should all embrace
  • Options
    I still don't know what makes me more angry:

The fact that the whole thing was covered up, with police statements 'doctored' (didn't a senior politician get 8 months for perverting the course of justice recently)

The fact that it has taken nearly 25 years to get to the truth.

Or that, even after all this, probably nothing will ever change.
  • Options
    This could of happend at Palace away. It was scarey being penned in there
  • Options
    Can any of the police in charge that day be sent down now?
  • Options
    Id say so...Loads of people get sent down years after....
  • Options
    See Blairs labour had the chance to stand up for the average working class citizen that they are supposed to represent......and duly shafted them again.

Disgraceful.the whole lot of it
  • Options
    Hard to watch and the lies were even more disgusting.
  • Options

See Blairs labour had the chance to stand up for the average working class citizen that they are supposed to represent......and duly shafted them again.

Hillsborough disaster April 1989.

Tony Blair elected as Prime Minister May 1997.

Who was in charge in between?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think he means they had a chance to launch a full public enquiry when there was clear evidence of a police coverup, and they just brushed it aside again. I think
  • Options
    For once on a thread that shames all parties all powers over a period of decades

Drop the labour conservative points scoring

This could have been anyone of you or i it couldve been our children, our brothers our sisters

• Options

For once on a thread that shames all parties all powers over a period of decades

Drop the labour conservative points scoring

This could have been anyone of you or i it couldve been our children, our brothers our sisters

Spot on.

• Options
    McBobbin said:

I think he means they had a chance to launch a full public enquiry when there was clear evidence of a police coverup, and they just brushed it aside again. I think
    I am no fan of Blair at all, I will never forgive him for his lies on Iraq, but why the hell should his government bear the blame for this?

This was not under their watch and Thatcher-Major did not lift a finger to do anything about it for eight years and yet true to form the resident Tories on here find a way to blame the Labour Party for it.

NLA is right, party politics should play no part in this but if people must play that game they should at least be fair about it.
  • Options
    I don't want to be critical of the BBC, or the program itself, but there wasn't much in the program that I didn't already know.

Most of the 'revelations' had been disclosed already.

It is still terrible what happened, and the coverup was obscene, but I'm not sure there was anything new disclosed. Clearly someone had poured over the CCTV to identify specific individuals, but nothing about the accounts of the days events was different, and I recognised many of the faces from previous documentaries.

It's fairly clear that those that deserve to be held accountable never will be so I'm not sure of the benefit of many more of these type of programs, personally.
  • Options
    Oh well nla, you tried.
  • Options
    Agreed very interesting but little new.
    On a side note - did the Valley ever have fencing?
  • Options
    Nothing new was said but the BBC showed unseen footage and there were some interesting interviews with people who still refuse to take responsibility.
  • Options
    Greenster said:

On a side note - did the Valley ever have fencing?

Yes.

Does anyone know whether the Valley had a valid safety certificate in the '80's? And whether Selhurst Park had one when we played there?
  • Options

McBobbin said:

I am no fan of Blair at all, I will never forgive him for his lies on Iraq, but why the hell should his government bear the blame for this?

This was not under their watch and Thatcher-Major did not lift a finger to do anything about it for eight years and yet true to form the resident Tories on here find a way to blame the Labour Party for it.

NLA is right, party politics should play no part in this but if people must play that game they should at least be fair about it.
    This will be my final post on this matter.
    I know it was not on their watch and I am by no means blaming them for what happened at the time.
    As Bobbin said,there was a chance for the Labour party to right the wrongs that were done by the despicable south yorkshire police and the conservative party and give the poor families some justice.They had all the evidence that was presented on the panorama programme last night. It was blatantly obvious that there had been a cover up of epic proportions.

But they chose to tow the Tory line and leave it buried,proving yet again that they were/are just Tories with red rosettes on. I am by no means whatsoever a supporter of the torys.