Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Place

Sorry if there is already a thread on this, I just wanted to see if anyone else had bought one of the stones that will be placed outside the West Stand next year. I've bought one for my dad as it will be 20 years since he first brought me to The Valley and it will be nice to show my kids, in the future, when I indoctrinate them into the Charlton family!

Comments

• Options
    My wife got me one and I got my Dad one for his 60th Birthday
  • Options
    Haven't bought one yet but thinking of doing so.

What wording have you decided on , out of interest ?
  • Options
    Yes, purchased one.
  • Options
    Strange thing to have on it?
  • Options

Haven't bought one yet but thinking of doing so.

What wording have you decided on , out of interest ?

Just the names and "since 1994". You're limited to 14 characters per line unless you buy the £500 one.
  • Options
    Thanks, Jdredsox
  • Options
    I've purchased one too.
  • Options
    I was given one for my birthday, but I'm not Nicholas dad (as far as I know).
  • Options
    My wife has bought one for me for my birthday. I bought one as a memorial to my late father who was a supporter from the 1930s
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I was given one for my birthday, but I'm not Nicholas dad (as far as I know).

You can be if you want but it means you owe me 28 birthday presents, 29 next Wednesday and 28 xmas presents and I don't want a bloody brick either.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The wording on the one I ordered is:
    DEREK HOLLYOAKE
    DELROOFER
    CHARLTON FOR LIFE
  • Options
    delroofer said:

The wording on the one I ordered is:
    DEREK HOLLYOAKE
    DELROOFER
    CHARLTON FOR LIFE

Very classy, delroofer, just like you !

• Options
    Not sure whether to have MOG or Gonad on mine.......
  • Options
    Thanks FF. The way to a lady's heart is through a wine glass.
  • Options
    delroofer said:

Thanks FF. The way to a lady's heart is through a wine glass.

I've taught you well, Grasshopper !

• Options
    I have just seen the photo of my new stone on the OS and am well chuffed with the location.http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130821-addicks-place-1006227.aspx
  • Options
    We cant move from the Valley now!
  • Options
    That really is something special. Well done to the club for this.
  • Options
    Think its a great idea and have just brought myself a £50 stone - Cant wait to see it in Addick Place :)
  • Options
    we are pleased with ours. just our names.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2013
    We are pleased too. But the gold paint on some stones has ALREADY peeled off meaning some people will be upset. Hope they rectify but probably too costly to sort for the club.
  • Options

We are pleased too. But the good paint on some stones has ALREADY peeled off meaning some people will be upset. Hope they rectify but probably too costly to sort for the club.

My stone is faded and shit compared to most others. Need to complain when I get a minute.

• Options
    Wow. Sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    Compared to my mates dads one above mine. Mine looks crap imo
  • Options
    Me and the brothers bought the old man one for father's day. Saw it today and was already faded. Dad was happy to see his name outside the valley but I was disappointed with the fading. Was going to see it again next game before contacting the club. I'm just hoping the rain didn't do it justice.
  • Options
    Well we had a good look and quite a few had gold paint picked/washed off already so god knows what rubbish they used. It's lasted a few weeks!