Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

In memory of todays events in Woolwich

Those that know me know that I hold strong views on the subject of todays events but, I want to leave those aside and find some way for Charlton supporters to make a statement that we can all agree on. Below is a link for a shirt that the victim of todays violence was wearing when he was so brutally taken from us, the shirt is a "help for Heroes" tee shirt. It would be nice to get as many people as possible to wear one of these to our next home game.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Heroes-Challenge-Rugby-Shirt-Medium/dp/B00C29RPGO/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_2?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1369251314&sr=1-2-fkmr2&keywords=help+for+heroes+t+shirt

Comments

• Options
    Currently unavailable.
  • Options
    I'm sure they'll be in stock by the time we play our next game.
  • Options
    Or/And donate a few quid to Help 4 Heroes.
  • Options
    As said on other thread I'll be wearing my HFH wristband tomorrow.

• Options
    To be honest I am disgusted that a charity/cause like Help for Heroes even has to exist.

As far as I am concerned anyone injured in service of their country should not have to want or need for anything for the rest of their life, the government should look after them right through everything from medical care to job finding.

The fact that some of these people give everything for their country and then get left on the scrapheap is disgraceful.
  • Options

To be honest I am disgusted that a charity/cause like Help for Heroes even has to exist.

As far as I am concerned anyone injured in service of their country should not have to want or need for anything for the rest of their life, the government should look after them right through everything from medical care to job finding.

The fact that some of these people give everything for their country and then get left on the scrapheap is disgraceful.

unfortunetly government dont see it that way so its left to other people to do what they can .but your right it is a disgrace.
  • Options
    H4H online shop has been down for a while, obviously due to excessive traffic after today's events. Should be able to get a shirt direct from them soon though.
  • Options
    As an ex serviceman, can I commend to you
    http://www.combatstress.org.uk/
    as an addition to HFH.
    They have been a great help and live in the shadow somewhat of their newer sister organisation.
    The help they give survivors and families is absolutely extraordinary.
  • Options

As said on other thread I'll be wearing my HFH wristband tomorrow.

Worn mine for years along with the poppy appeal and Afgah Heroes all three are never taken off

• Options
    Great link @A-R-T-H-U-R, thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loco said:

Those that know me know that I hold strong views on the subject of todays events but, I want to leave those aside and find some way for Charlton supporters to make a statement that we can all agree on. Below is a link for a shirt that the victim of todays violence was wearing when he was so brutally taken from us, the shirt is a "help for Heroes" tee shirt. It would be nice to get as many people as possible to wear one of these to our next home game.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Heroes-Challenge-Rugby-Shirt-Medium/dp/B00C29RPGO/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_2?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1369251314&sr=1-2-fkmr2&keywords=help+for+heroes+t+shirt

Loco,
    That is a cracking idea and one that I would happily take part in.
    Have you mentioned this to the club? Perhaps they could post something to promote your idea on the OS nearer the time?
  • Options
    If even 1,000 Addicks purchased the shirt it would be £40,000 in additional revenue for Help for Heroes which would be amazing. Waiting for the club to throw their weight behind it might take a while, it would be good if this could be a fan led initiative now while the emotions there rather than waiting for the club to click into gear which will obviously take a while.
  • Options

Spot on. Scum like Abu Hamza and Qatada get council houses and tens of thousands in taxpayers money, poor soldiers who put their lives at risk, get fck all.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

If even 1,000 Addicks purchased the shirt it would be £40,000 in additional revenue for Help for Heroes which would be amazing. Waiting for the club to throw their weight behind it might take a while, it would be good if this could be a fan led initiative now while the emotions there rather than waiting for the club to click into gear which will obviously take a while.

100% agree with this, as a collective club we should show our support
  • Options

Spot on. Scum like Abu Hamza and Qatada get council houses and tens of thousands in taxpayers money, poor soldiers who put their lives at risk, get fck all.
    and this is the 'bizarre' thing. They hate us, they hate Western civilisation, hate everything we stand for. BUT they want to live here, take our benefits etc and then when we want to extradite them back to Jordan or wherever they cite their Human Rights and fight tooth and nail to stay here in doing so spend millions in Legal Aid paid by us to do so, so that ultimately they remain living in our country whilst still preaching their hatred against us. Are we nuts?

• Options

and this is the 'bizarre' thing. They hate us, they hate Western civilisation, hate everything we stand for. BUT they want to live here, take our benefits etc and then when we want to extradite them back to Jordan or wherever they cite their Human Rights and fight tooth and nail to stay here in doing so spend millions in Legal Aid paid by us to do so, so that ultimately they remain living in our country whilst still preaching their hatred against us. Are we nuts?

yes we are!

• Options
    id gladly buy a shirt with the cafc and help for heroes logo may even be a good thing if LBG got involved !
  • Options
    i have a h4h tshirt on now at work got a few funny looks this morning on the commute in, i think that a cafc/h4h combined design would sell really well. for me i dont wear club merch to games but handy for lazing about in or round the pool on holiday to the gym etc. id definately buy one
  • Options
    lolwray said:

id gladly buy a shirt with the cafc and help for heroes logo may even be a good thing if LBG got involved !

No offence, really don't like it when things like this turn into a football thing (ie putting club links with poppy badges etc).

Stuff like this should be above football imo.

• Options

lolwray said:

No offence, really don't like it when things like this turn into a football thing (ie putting club links with poppy badges etc).

Agreed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

lolwray said:

Agree this isn't a Charlton thing per se, it's a south London thing, a British thing for the whole of society to find a way of showing unity in the face of this terrible crime. How fantastic if Charlton fans could take the lead as it happened in our back yard.
  • Options

lolwray said:

Seconded.

• Options

lolwray said:

It's clearly above football. I don't think anyone would beg to differ.
    But CAFC as the community club that we are should support the initial idea from this thread.
  • Options
    Jarman said:

lolwray said:

It's clearly above football. I don't think anyone would beg to differ.
    But CAFC as the community club that we are should support the initial idea from this thread.
    But we don't need a special Charlton flavoured HFH t-shirt for that do we ? We could just organise everyone to buy a specific t-shirt (the one mooted in the top link seems fine) that way there's no additional expense in designing and producing the t-shirt and more of the money can go to the charity.
  • Options
    Wearing my HfH lapel badge today - got some odd looks on the train and tube.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    The club does have some previous in respect of fund raising following a tragic local event:
  • Options

lolwray said:

Seconded.

So your against the Kick it out campaign then?
  • Options
    As Charlton is the nearest ground to where this atrocity took place, think it would be a great idea for supporters to wear H4H tee-shirts. If only that Policewoman had killed those 2 bastards!
  • Options
    March51 said:

The club does have some previous in respect of fund raising following a tragic local event:

This would be a fine idea. Some kind of Charlton XI vs the Barracks team possibly.

• Options
    redcarter said:

March51 said:

This would be a fine idea. Some kind of Charlton XI vs the Barracks team possibly.

That would be really good.