Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great weekend of sport ahead

2»

Comments

• Options
    Anyone mention the French Open Tennis?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Greenie said:

Ah - and he can "Leave" the rest? Each to their own...

Edited, I really cant be arsed....
    Hang on... You stared it by dismissing half a dozen other sports.

BUT, I was harsh and for no particular reason. So I apologise Greenie. Enjoy your weekend and I hope your favourite wins!
  • Options

Froch v Kessler

Huge amount of interest here in Denmark as you would expect. Who's your money on?

Definitely Froch, the first fight was away from home and he only lost on points. He's stepped up since then and i'd be worried about Kessler's lack of activity. He's only boxed 13 rounds since the last fight 3 years ago. I can't imagine Kessler stopping him and don't envisage Froch losing on points at home either so i can't go with Kessler to be honest.
  • Options
    had a dream of 4-4 Champions League final. Dortmund win on Pens.
  • Options

Froch v Kessler

Huge amount of interest here in Denmark as you would expect. Who's your money on?

Definitely Froch, the first fight was away from home and he only lost on points. He's stepped up since then and i'd be worried about Kessler's lack of activity. He's only boxed 13 rounds since the last fight 3 years ago. I can't imagine Kessler stopping him and don't envisage Froch losing on points at home either so i can't go with Kessler to be honest.
    this is pretty much my take on it, think it'll be a great fight - anyone know what time they are due their ring walk, am hoping the Rose in Bexleyheath has bought the fight

• Options

Greenie said:

Ah - and he can "Leave" the rest? Each to their own...

Edited, I really cant be arsed....
    Hang on... You stared it by dismissing half a dozen other sports.

BUT, I was harsh and for no particular reason. So I apologise Greenie. Enjoy your weekend and I hope your favourite wins!
    Ha, so are all cool like little Fonzies! ;o)
    No worries mate, cheers.
  • Options
    Good start ........... Test Match rained off :-(
  • Options

Good start ........... Test Match rained off :-(

We'll only need 4 days to beat them anyway.!
  • Options

Anyone mention the French Open Tennis?

Chicago, this is a sport thread .
    Last time i watched it, tennis wouldnt qualify.
  • Options
    Am riding London 2 Brussels this weekend leaving this morning, so am likely to miss the lot unfortunately.

We've got most of the evening to waste tonight waiting for the overnight ferry so hopefully can find a pub or bar showing the CL Final and the Boxing otherwise I'll be relying on a wifi connection for Sky Go!

Fancy Dortmund to spring a surprise, even without Gotze.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking forward to the boxing match, like flyingkiwiDK said, big interest here in Denmark. I'm no expert in boxing, but the anticipation and the importance of the fights in general really is spectacular. Froch really seems to be the favorite, but let's wait and see ;)
  • Options

Froch v Kessler

this is pretty much my take on it, think it'll be a great fight - anyone know what time they are due their ring walk, am hoping the Rose in Bexleyheath has bought the fight

Ring walk not until 11.15pm according to Sky ads in the papers.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    My weekend is sorted. Watch Eng v NZ, Munich v Dortmund on the box, listen to the Froch/Kessler bout on the radio. Tomorrow we're at Sussex V Kent YB40 game, then Monday I am going to the play off final to hopefully see Watford beat Palace. Watford supporting friend had some spare tickets so thought it would be rude not to go. Come on Watford, Dortmund, England, Froch and Kent ( not holding much hope for Kent but, hey, stranger things have happened! ).
  • Options
    nawty germans.

love how the police just bowl up. only six of them.
  • Options
    sasquatch said:

Looking forward to the boxing match, like flyingkiwiDK said, big interest here in Denmark. I'm no expert in boxing, but the anticipation and the importance of the fights in general really is spectacular. Froch really seems to be the favorite, but let's wait and see ;)

Sasquatch where in Denmark are you based? Perhaps we should meet up for a beer sometime? Are you Danish or an expat like me?
  • Options
    Reckon there will be a bit nore of that oncevthe 02 empties tbh
  • Options
    IPL getting interesting. chenai 3-3
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Rome derby in the Italian Cup final too. 0-0 at half time currently.

Edit: "We had singer Psy performing his global hit Gangnam Style before kick-off. According to Associated Press the South Korean was booed by a section of the crowd at the Stadio Olimpico."

Haha.
  • Options
    Scottish Cup Final was poor. Celtic won it too easily. We would beat Hibs comfortably. Made me laugh when the commentator informed us that one of the Hibs Front 2 was moving to England after the final..... To Chesterfield. Obviously a step up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great win for Mumbai in the IPL, never thought that total was enough!
  • Options
    Great to hear the National Anthem played once again for a Brit on the winner's podium three times in eight days in international motorcycling: Scott Redding in Moto2 last week and Tom Sykes (twice) yesterday in WSB. A long time since that's happened (if it ever has).