Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is your current/past Charlton superstitions?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013

Won't bore you with all my weird & wonderful superstitions.

Suffice to say they include undergarments, bananas, humbugs and the way I cross my legs.....

I can confirm all of this, as I sat next to her for 6 years in the East Stand :-) (Well most of it anyway).
    Is that you, Joe ????

:-) Got it in one.
  • Options

Suffice to say they include undergarments, bananas, humbugs and the way I cross my legs.....

I can confirm all of this, as I sat next to her for 6 years in the East Stand :-) (Well most of it anyway).
    Is that you, Joe ????

Wow !! Good to hear you're still around !

And apologies if I p*ssed you off during your E Stand, Block E, Row K period .

Can't think why you moved......

• Options
    An all out fanny love in

Fanny i can find smut in the popes surmon
    8)

Now message to self if you see fanny smiling look for the legs crossed and a banana
  • Options

Is that you, Joe ????

It would take more than that Fanny.

The hearing has come back in my right ear now :-)
  • Options
    We have a 'lazer beam' sticker stuck high up on a lamp-post near Charlton Park that gets a lucky slap on the way past. It's been there for 20 years. If you see it, don't forget to give it a lucky slap.

The 'lazer beam' sticker replaced a 'Wiley Coyote says Brush your Teeth' sticker that fell off.
  • Options

Is that you, Joe ????

It would take more than that Fanny.

The hearing has come back in my right ear now :-)
    Haha.

I could work on the left one if you like....and I'm very generous with the humbugs these days....

• Options
    On the Friday before a Saturday game, or the day of a midweek game, I go up the Tube escalator on the left if we're at home, and on the right if we're away.
  • Options
    Get my two girls to scream out come on Charlton just before kick off or if were losing. Used to have my scarf proudly on display (until we went 6 on the spin without a win). Don't mention the score to anyone during the game even when we are winning 5-2 in injury time, you just never know. I never used to be this bad when I was a regular, now I'm a long distance fan the neurosis grows. My wife refers to my magical thinking and thinks my many superstitions are nuts, she's South African what does she know about football
  • Options
    When ever my mate Boothy goes to the toilet, We score, I reckon out of the 32 Home goals this season, He has probably seen about 10, He missed 4 of the 5 Cardiff goals somehow, So we normally try and get him to drink a lot before the match :')

If were away, I can only have 99% Charge on my Phone - That's the weirdest one :')
  • Options
    Same with me. If I go to the toilet there's usually a goal, but not always for us. If we're really struggling & don't look like we'll ever score, I go on purpose. Usually works.

(NB, at home when watching football or cricket, it's the same. If I walk out the room, 99% of the time I miss a goal or a wicket. It's a running joke in my house. I literally only have to close the door & GOAL ! or a wicket falls. It really is uncanny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FFS, What are your current/past Charlton superstitions?

Sorry.