Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Famous fans

Comments

• was just watching come dine with me (as you do) and they where looking round one mans room and there was a Charlton scarf. does this mean he is a famous fan? ;) ps his name was mark

Mark? What, The Mark, Mark Mark???

Famous as fck he is mate.

• West ham have more celebrity fans than normal fans. Palace not far behind them.
    We have Kellie Maloney. She's one of our own, she's one of our ooooown, Kellie Maloney, she's one of our own. Oh, and Danny baker.

Don't forget Des o Conner didn't he used to write in the programme

No. Apparently he used to write for a few different clubs. The mercenary.
  • Oh, Daniel Day Lewis is Millwall, and mentioned us in an acceptance speech once. Gary oldman is too. Scroobius Pip. He bought out a song called Let em come.
    They don't come close to topping our kellie Maloney though.
  • Someone on here was schoolmates with DDL and they used to go charlton together.
  • DDL is as much Millwall as Tony (I used to sit at The Gallowgate End) Blair, is a Geordie fan.
  • Daniel Day Lewis...
    The son of the poet laureate Cecil Day-Lewis and Jill Balcon (daughter of Sir Michael Balcon, the founder of Ealing Studios), the actor grew up in Greenwich, south-east London. He never allowed his privileged upbringing to get in the way of a life less ordinary. "A house full of great books about art and literature was all well and good, but I was fascinated by the streets that were close by – Lewisham, New Cross and Deptford. I supported Millwall with great gusto and was on the terraces every Saturday with the rest of the lads.
    "It was such an important part of my life that, give my parents their due, they did not deprive me of. Even though their experiences were very far removed from what I was experiencing, in that neither of them would ever have considered setting foot on the terraces of the Den, both of them were completely open and believed that, as much as they were part of this society, there was work that had to be done to break down its rigid demarcations.
  • Yes, but we think he tells porkies.
  • How can anyone diss Karl Howman? He starred with the late great Bob Hoskins in the 2nd best British gangster movie of all time. Legendary status assured irrespective of his personality or other work.
  • Sponsored links:

• I remember Viz doing a thing on Karl Howman once.

It was entitled "Cack-O Jacko" i think and in it they awarded him a lifetime "no achievement" award.
  • cafcfan said:

C_A_F_C said:
    He also had a major role in an episode of the lunchtime soap Doctors this week. Good to see him getting work - haven't heard anything about him for ages. Does he still pitch up at the valley?
    Used to be involved in corporate videos our company commissioned and most celebs were just good professionals and pleasant to deal with, Howman was a complete pompous, up his own arse knob.
    My experience was quite different when I met him, but that was not work related in fairness.
  • So just to recap this thread, we haven't got any famous fans.

but we've got each other.
  • There used to be a programme about a school on the wireless that Karl Howman starred in as a teacher called Mr Sims.

Not heard it in years though and cannot even remember the title at the moment.

Artistic licence.
    MF. I was best mate of Daniel when he lived in Greenwich, he went to Charlton with me. He was taken out of Sherrington by his parents and sent to boarding school in Sevenoaks, then they moved Ireland. I find it very unlikely he decided to become a spanner after moving away.
    I get a mention in his biography as being a bad influence, his parents made me sit in the doorstep while he had tea but he always had dinner at mine before we went to the Valley.
    Made to sit on the naughty step by the poet laureate(that's where super nanny got the idea from)
    a great anecdote Baldybonce, but hearing what Millwall fan has said and what seems to be common knowledge,
    I wonder if the boy Daniel(Theo Foley speak) was just a good actor ?

• Oh, Daniel Day Lewis is Millwall, and mentioned us in an acceptance speech once. Gary oldman is too. Scroobius Pip. He bought out a song called Let em come.
    They don't come close to topping our kellie Maloney though.

I saw Scroobius Pip at Leeds a few years ago and he came across as a massive bell, a real arrogant trustifarian type. If I was Millwall, I'd keep that one under my hat!

Artistic licence.
    MF. I was best mate of Daniel when he lived in Greenwich, he went to Charlton with me. He was taken out of Sherrington by his parents and sent to boarding school in Sevenoaks, then they moved Ireland. I find it very unlikely he decided to become a spanner after moving away.
    I get a mention in his biography as being a bad influence, his parents made me sit in the doorstep while he had tea but he always had dinner at mine before we went to the Valley.
    Made to sit on the naughty step by the poet laureate(that's where super nanny got the idea from)
    a great anecdote Baldybonce, but hearing what Millwall fan has said and what seems to be common knowledge,
    I wonder if the boy Daniel(Theo Foley speak) was just a good actor ?

according to his biographies his time at Sherrington was his first major acting role (he says). Apparently it was so rough and tough and he was bullied, that's why his parents took him out.
    I don't remember it like that at all. I do remember Mr Charman telling us that Daniel wouldn't be back anymore.

Artistic licence.
    Fair enough. Bit of a strange one though to make out he's Millwall when he isn't. I mean, David Haye says he's Millwall when he isn't but he's a heavy weight boxer so obviously the image fits. He must be a right odd ball. DDL I mean.
  • Sponsored links:

• MF
    I assume you're a lot younger than me but the period Daniel talks about, living in Greenwich, going to the Den etc. would make him 9/10 years old.
  • MF
    I assume you're a lot younger than me but the period Daniel talks about, living in Greenwich, going to the Den etc. would make him 9/10 years old.

39 years young mate. Born 75, a regular down the den since 78.

• MF

Commiserations, MF. You should have phoned Esther.

Never stood a chance.

and I'm now his mate.
  • Is Jim Davidson a Charlton fan?
  • MF

Commiserations, MF. You should have phoned Esther.

Never stood a chance.

and I'm now his mate.
    Sorry, slip of the tongue.

• Is Jim Davidson a Charlton fan?

Is the pope a catholic ?

100% Born and Bred.

• How about Chloe Howman? Assuming she was bought up a Chatlton fan.
  • Karl Howman is in Eastenders tonight his character is called Buster. He's proper Charlton. :)
  • Redhenry said:

Karl Howman is in Eastenders tonight his character is called Buster. He's proper Charlton. :)

Should have put "Into the Valley" on the juke box. #puttingamarkerdown.