Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Bert Manning true Addick

13»

Comments

• Options
    RIP. My thoughts are with you and family at this time
  • Options
    RIP Bert. One of our own moves on, but I reckon your spirit will linger at the Valley to trip up onrushing forwards as they threaten our goal.
    Condolences Masicat.
  • Options

RIP Bert.

Masicat, thoughts with you & your family
  • Options
    RIP Bert.My condolences to his family at this saddest time.
  • Options
    RIP Bert
  • Options
    Condolences Masicat.
    RIP Bert.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Just read this. Sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was a true red through & through.
  • Options
    What a fantastic response. Makes me realise why I love this club so much.
  • Options
    My thoughts are with you.

R I P Bert
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Bert
  • Options
    RIP Bert
  • Options
    My condolences Masicat. Great tribute to your dad. God bless.
  • Options
    rip Bert
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Condolences Masicat.
    RIP Bert
  • Options
    RIP Bert
  • Options
    RIP, Next season really is for him, Thoughts go out to all of your family and yourself, RIP Bert.
  • Options
    @masicat sorry only just read this thread. My heart felt condolences to you and your family, RIP Bert.
  • Options
    RIP Bert
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad I posted this. Felt it was more important than most things and was really pleased with the wonderful response. Apologies if some think " Anyone know what happened on the M2"? or " " Where can I get a proper pint"? Is more important and more relevant. I still think some moan for the sake of moaning. RIP Dad and up the addicks x
  • Options
    Hi Masicat. This is my first time on here and I've been moved to leave a comment by your news. I myself have been a supporter for over 50 years and If your Dad was the Bert Manning who worked as my Production Manager for LINTAS in the 70's I was lucky enough to have worked with one of the nicest people I have met in the business and was a top man at his job, as well as being a fellow Addick. I lost my own Dad in 2010, and although I sometimes curse the fact he made me a supporter of our unique club, most of the time they inspire me to keep striving in life when all seems lost. No doubt you only started supporting Charlton because your Dad did, so Charlton will always be that special connection. You will always think of your Dad when Charlton is mentioned and always will. Somehow really decent people and Charlton go hand in hand and hopefully that will never change. My condolences go to you and I will say a prayer for Bert.
  • Options
    FIRMANI9 said:

Hi Masicat. This is my first time on here and I've been moved to leave a comment by your news. I myself have been a supporter for over 50 years and If your Dad was the Bert Manning who worked as my Production Manager for LINTAS in the 70's I was lucky enough to have worked with one of the nicest people I have met in the business and was a top man at his job, as well as being a fellow Addick. I lost my own Dad in 2010, and although I sometimes curse the fact he made me a supporter of our unique club, most of the time they inspire me to keep striving in life when all seems lost. No doubt you only started supporting Charlton because your Dad did, so Charlton will always be that special connection. You will always think of your Dad when Charlton is mentioned and always will. Somehow really decent people and Charlton go hand in hand and hopefully that will never change. My condolences go to you and I will say a prayer for Bert.

Dad was at Lintas in the 70,s and thanks so much for your post. He was made redundant the night we beat Preston 3-1 to gain promotion, 1975 I think. Your post is amazing for lots of reasons and its great to hear from you. We should grab a pint at the Valley next season . I take a table from time to time in the restaurant and would love you to join us. Can you let me have more details , do we know each other?
  • Options
    Hi mate. I tend to have a quick drink in Bartrams before the game so maybe we could meet up then. I think I may have met you in the dim & distant past when you gave your Dad a lift and I joined you, possibly when a train strike was on. There were a few in the 70's ! My name is Pete Lygo. You can reach me on 07899 758 388. Depending on when you phone you may get my answerphone, as I.T are sorting out a few problems on it !
  • Options
    Pete. He's indeed do remember you. Will give you a call when th season starts.
  • Options
    Look forward to it.
  • Options
    Condolonces to you are your family from the Inverness fans who are coming down next month
  • Options
    Red_Card said:

Condolonces to you are your family from the Inverness fans who are coming down next month

Superb, many thanks.