Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Specials

edited May 2013 in Not Sports Related
Any fellow addicks see the specials in brixton last night (29th)?

Comments

• jackj123 said:

Any fellow addicks see the specials in brixton last night (29th)?

Tonight's it's the 30th May...
  • edited May 2013
    Yes, myself and Swerve went, had a thoroughly good evening! Second time I've seen them and they've been top drawer both times.
  • edited May 2013
    Yes I went. I thought they were excellent. Just as good as back in the day.
    Strange that they had no support. I wonder if they're saving money that way ie keeping all the dosh for themselves.
    Luckily I knew this, so didn't go in until 8.30.
    8 pints ranging from about £2.20 in the W'spoons to £4.55 in the O2.

Stone Roses next Saturday at Finsbury Park, supported by Miles Kane, Johnny Marr & PIL :-)
  • Yes I went. I thought they were excellent. Just as good as back in the day.
    Strange that they had no support. I wonder if they're saving money that way ie keeping all the dosh for themselves.
    Luckily I knew this, so didn't go in until 8.30.
    8 pints ranging from about £2.20 in the W'spoons to £4.55 in the O2.

Stone Roses next Saturday at Finsbury Park, supported by Miles Kane, Johnny Marr & PIL :-)

Going to see the roses on Friday. You've definitely got better support on the Saturday. Friday's is rudimental, dizzy rascal and someone else who I can't remember.

Have you got your tickets yet? Mine still haven't arrived.....
  • I agree Saturday's support is better, really looking forward to Johnny Marr & Johnny Rotten.

I got my tickets when they went on sale about 6 months ago & they arrived at least 1 month ago.

Friday June 7

17:15 - Rudimental
    18:15 - The Courteeners
    19:20 - Dizzee Rascal
    20:40 - The Stone Roses

Saturday June 8

17:15 - Miles Kane
    18:15 - Johnny Marr
    19:20 - Public Image Ltd
    20:40 - The Stone Roses
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/the-stone-roses/70360#2sLXDuHO43PHRtzV.99
  • Going Friday with two fellow Addicks as well.

Shit support, got a half day from work and intend being ratted by the time The Roses get on stage.
  • My mates are putting on aftershows local to the Roses gigs on both nights at Nambucca on Holloway road.

Bands and dj's only £7.50 for advance tickets. Everywhere else round there bound to be packed.

Details and tickets here

http://www.eventim.co.uk/stonerosesaftershow
  • Courteeners are good live
  • Anyone going Camden Roundhouse tonight to see em ?
  • No, but I can picture your knees and elbows all over the shop giving it nutty wallop to Too Much Too Young !

Enjoy
  • Sponsored links:

• Are sleaford mods supporting? If they are get there early and see them. Proper mad , especially if you like sweary music.
  • Went last night. Fantastic gig and I've always loved The Roundhouse as a venue as well. @buckshee‌ Sleaford Mods are great live too :-)
  • Seen the Specials 5 times since they re-formed. Don't think I'll bother again (although I said that after the 3rd time).
  • 4th time I've seen them since they reformed. Must admit I didn't realise that only Terry and Lynval are left until I turned up. Still a very good gig. Thought Sleaford Mods were somewhere between embarassing stuff which anyone over 14 years old would laugh at and the Shameless house band - each to his own, but not for me
  • Going tonight , looking forward to this first time iv seen them .
  • 4th time I've seen them since they reformed. Must admit I didn't realise that only Terry and Lynval are left until I turned up.

Blimey, I didn't know that. I heard rumours a while back the Roddy was gonna stop, but didn't know about the rest. The last time I saw them (which was probably the worst gig of the 5) was supporting Blur in Hyde park for the olympic closing ceremony, just don't think their sound is made for large outdoor venues. The best gig for me was the first one at Brixton academy, but probably due to it was one of their early ones since re-forming and I really like the academy as far as gig venues go..............