Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Star Trek

Star Trek (original) is on CBS Action, Channel 192 on Virgin Media. Sky 148 & Freesat 137. There are further episodes following at 11.00 12.00 & 13.00.

Brilliant, I love all those Star Treks & haven't seen them for years. I stumbled across this channel today, which I never knew existed.

16.00 & 17.00 Kung Fu

20.00 Mission Impossible

Just like a big kid today :-)

Comments

• Options
    That's my Saturday sorted, if only I didn't have so much stuff I should be doing.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Phew, at least I know there are now 2 viewers :-)

I must say I thought I'd seen all the episodes numerous times, yet I don't recall these episodes today.

Their website says they have been digitally remastered, not quite sure I know what that means tbh.

I think the original series was so far ahead of it's time. Mobile communicators, voice activated typewriters ...

I remember as a kid, thinking how great it would be to have a communicator. The phaser would come in handy as well :-)
  • Options
    Who says crime is worse these days ? Some bird has just stolen Spock's brain :-)
  • Options
    Kung Fu on later too.
  • Options
    Make that 3 CE.......blimey, they stole Spock's brain.....
  • Options
    ...........blimey, they've found a bunch of Spanners on Planet 6.......
  • Options
    Ba$&ar9s! My basic package doesn't give me access to that channel!
  • Options
    Lol gonna spend the next few weeks watching quite a lot of this i think after my knee op today
  • Options
    It rocks but alas one of the channels is repeating Deep Space Nine which is the only Trek I couldn't stomach. Next Gen had a lot of annoying actors but was still good. Enterprise was amusing cos they kept oiling each other & Voyager was good but the ending pants. Can't beat the original series.
  • Options
    I love DS9 for the pure 90's-ness of it. TNG and Voyager are my favourites being of a younger generation. Grew up with Picard and co.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got all the original series, Next generation, DS9 & voyager all on netflicks...................
  • Options
    Enterprise is on pick tv during the week voyager is on cbs too but i make ya right original series is my favorite
  • Options
    Did enjoy the original today having been to see the latest yesterday.

• Options
    In the US, there's a digital over-the-air channel called Me-TV that shows it on Saturday nights paired with Lost In Space and Batman. My father, an adolescent of the 60s, makes it a part of his Saturday.

Their website says they have been digitally remastered, not quite sure I know what that means tbh.

A couple of years ago, rights holders CBS paid to have new FX put in to the original episodes, like with what was done in 2001 with the Director's Edition of The Motion Picture. As far as I know, stations have the option to go with either version when airing the show. The Region 1 Blu-Ray sets have both versions, as well.

• Options
    Thanks for taking the time, if only I knew what FX meant :-)

I can guess & I googled, but I'm not certain.
  • Options
    Effects

Or

Foreign Exchange

:)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    yes. my kind of thread. love star trek.

wondered if anyone has bought star trek boxsets? (like all the original series or all the next generation) I heard there is problems with the discs skipping and the packaging is cheap cardboard, has anyone found that to be true?
  • Options
    In the Pale Moonlight = Best episode of Star trek ever!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

In the Pale Moonlight = Best episode of Star trek ever!

Its one of my favourites. Another great episode is Soldiers of the empire.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

wondered if anyone has bought star trek boxsets? (like all the original series or all the next generation) I heard there is problems with the discs skipping and the packaging is cheap cardboard, has anyone found that to be true?

We have the complete original series on DVD and they came packaged like this amazon.de/Star-Trek-Raumschiff-Enterprise-Classic/dp/B0002A6VIS/ref=pd_cp_d_1

(Link is to German Amazon, but we have the original English version, packaging is the same.)

No problem playing them either.
  • Options
    Star Trek (original) is on CBS Action, Channel 192 on Virgin Media. Sky 148 & Freesat 137 at 6pm each day & repeated at 12.00 midday, the next day.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

We have the complete original series on DVD and they came packaged like this amazon.de/Star-Trek-Raumschiff-Enterprise-Classic/dp/B0002A6VIS/ref=pd_cp_d_1

(Link is to German Amazon, but we have the original English version, packaging is the same.)

did you have to buy each series separately? cos that just looks like series 1 of the original series rather than the full collection.

I saw this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Trek-Original-Series-Journey/dp/B004E10QC8/ref=pd_sim_d_h__34

and read some of the reviews. not great reading. might do what you did and get each series separately.
  • Options
    Hmm...I'm guessing the Dust Museum has closed down :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    1. 7 of 9
    2. Tpol
    3. Uhuru

Lets turn this into a "what order Would'ya"

• Options

did you have to buy each series separately? cos that just looks like series 1 of the original series rather than the full collection.

I saw this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Trek-Original-Series-Journey/dp/B004E10QC8/ref=pd_sim_d_h__34

and read some of the reviews. not great reading. might do what you did and get each series separately.
    Yes, we bought the 3 series separately. The boxes are red, blue and yellow depending on the season.