Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jose Mourinho back at Chelsea - confirmed

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic !

Some of his "greatest" quotes here, including his comments re us after we beat them in the League Cup at the Bridge
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/mobile/funny_old_game/7004282.stm
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SwluCmCq08

First against second in the Premier League. Those were the days!

Had to replace the video as I realised the first one didn't show the end of the game... obviously uploaded by a Chelsea fan. :-)
  • Options
  • Options
    JT, where would rank my gif in the scale of great gifs?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have just backed Chelsea to win the title next season .. BUT .. alas I fear that he will no way be as successful as last time .. don't look back, you can never go back
  • Options
    Bloody hell, with Mouhinho, Di Canio and Holloway in the premiership next year it's going to be a walking media circus.
  • Options
    Bollox, had a tenner on Hoddle getting the job.

You normally hear rumours of these sort of things but this has come as surprise.

Like the GIF by the way.
  • Options
    Good found the PL a bit boring past few seasons, new managers at Chelsea, Utd and City will hopefully make it interesting
  • Options
    Rothko said:

JT, where would rank my gif in the scale of great gifs?

It's up there with the greats

• Options
    Holloway v Jose will be a media writer's dream!

Good to have some personality back in the Premier league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's a great video of a memorable cup game. I remember being even more nervous as Hughes stepped up to take the winning penalty than I was at Wembley. It was a real gritty, determined performance. Weren't we hanging on in ET with only 9 men on the pitch at the end owing to injuries? That was a great night.
  • Options
    People on Facebook saying that he's bringing Ronaldo with him
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Can't see that happening, they don't even like eachother
  • Options
    The commentator gets on my nerves,how condasending, journeyman footballer, friendly club. It just brings back memories of being patronised by big ears Lineker, and the Sky commentators.
  • Options
    They deserve each other.
  • Options
    Excellent news, this year had to be one of the most boring Premiership seasons ever. At least next year there will be a bit of entertainment, even though we have to put up with Palace.
  • Options
    Love Jose. Premier League football is a better place with him in it.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

That renowned source of world transfer exclusives
  • Options

Love Jose. Premier League football is a better place with him in it.

Agreed. Even though it'll make it even harder than ever for Spurs to crack the top 4, I'm glad he's back. I'd put my house on Chelsea winning the title next season now it has been confirmed.

• Options
    No doubt he's a great manager but why are people so sure he's gonna win them the title in his first season? They've still got the same shit team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:

No doubt he's a great manager but why are people so sure he's gonna win them the title in his first season? They've still got the same shit team.

His appointment automatically gives the whole club a lift, plus they'll sign 2-3 big players, plus United and City both have managers finding their feet at new clubs.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Their team is 'shit' is it?!

Mata, Oscar, Hazard now have Premier League experience, Lampard and Terry will probably flourish again under Mourinho, and you can only see Jose helping someone like Torres game.

He will spend a few quid as well (They desperately need a right back).

Obviously nobody is 'sure' but their title chances will increase under him.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I remember that Carling Cup victory at Chelsea so well as I was there. In the home end. Behind the goal where the pens were taken. Gutted I couldn't celebrate and had to sit on my hands so hard so as not do anything rash! Some of the dodge pots in that end beggared belief. One bloke a few rows from me was smoking drugs and drinking beer and didn't really try to hard to conceal it. Brilliant night though and had to wait till I got home to jump around.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

I remember that Carling Cup victory at Chelsea so well as I was there. In the home end. Behind the goal where the pens were taken. Gutted I couldn't celebrate and had to sit on my hands so hard so as not do anything rash! Some of the dodge pots in that end beggared belief. One bloke a few rows from me was smoking drugs and drinking beer and didn't really try to hard to conceal it. Brilliant night though and had to wait till I got home to jump around.

Remember going to the FAC match around 94/95...we lost 3-0. I went with by brother-in-law and his mates (all Chelsea) and sat in the old west stand, the smell of dope that day I will never forget.
  • Options
    Occasionally oversteps the mark and says/does something out of order, yet I can't help but like and be entertained by the man.

Had very little inclination to watch MOTD more than a handful of times last season, but just his arrival on its own changes that.
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

Mata, Oscar, Hazard now have Premier League experience, Lampard and Terry will probably flourish again under Mourinho, and you can only see Jose helping someone like Torres game.

Well obviously 'shit' is all relative but yes they are compared to United.

You've just listed a few players. Yes they are all quality players but it doesn't mean Chelsea have a great 'team' or are close to challenging for the title. This season was strange because no team was at their best, not even United. So if Chelsea win it next season it will be for this reason again, as opposed to being down to their superiority.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

Well obviously 'shit' is all relative but yes they are compared to United.

You've just listed a few players. Yes they are all quality players but it doesn't mean Chelsea have a great 'team' or are close to challenging for the title. This season was strange because no team was at their best, not even United. So if Chelsea win it next season it will be for this reason again, as opposed to being down to their superiority.
    Which is exactly where the class of Mourinho comes into play. His last spell in England was succesful because of the unity within his squad. They didnt play the most attractive football, but they were defensively good and very efficient.

Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Cahill, Ramires, Lampard, Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Torres, Ba...Plus big incoming transfers..I'd say that had the ingredients of a team that can overtake United. Saying Chelsea would only win the league because the other teams are shit just isnt true imo.
  • Options
    Fair enough. We'll see.
  • Options
    Not to mention they're about to sign Schurrle and they have Lukaku to return too
  • Options
    Looking at the spines of the teams, Man City should win it next year. They have the best central midfield of the 3, plus a strong keeper, CH pairing and forward line. Man Utd are incredibly weak in midfield, Rio is well past his best and Vidic is always injured, plus they could lose Rooney. Chelsea are at least a CH light, possibly a CM too.

Of course, all 3 will buy players, but United look like they need 5 or 6 to finish anything above 3rd. Chelsea probably need 3 or 4 signings, which I'm sure Jose will be given the money for. City need the least signings, but appear to be in the most turmoil, so who knows what they will do.