Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Skint

Has anyone been watching this on Channel 4?

It's unbelievable at times. Not only people's attitudes but the complete disregard they have for their kids.

Comments

• The bit with the tv was a laugh. He had a point when he was saying they are paying for it weekly and not outright but then ruined it by saying 'we're paying for it so why do I care what anyone else thinks'. Well you're not paying for it, everyone else is.

Me and my girlfriend work full time and haven't been able to upgrade our 32inch tv that we've had for the last 4 years.
  • Yeah complete piss take. Like paying for it weekly made it acceptable! 2k for a 3D TV...why is he allowed to get away with it!? Makes a mockery of the system.
  • Found myself wound up at the one the other week. Bit with the TV tonight was ridiculous. ''those working class people on 2 grand a week''
  • First time I watched it today, that heroin addict bird, who's kids were taken away by the social made prison sound like a holiday in a 5 star hotel, truly shocking.
  • I'm sure the family had fake 3d glasses on....and I bet channel four pay for the telly.
  • thier paying for the tele not you lot
  • Thought this was a thread moaning about the lack of signings!
  • clb74 said:

thier paying for the tele not you lot

You what?
  • you can afford to pay cash gary being on two grand a week
  • is this a comedy
    a bit like that tina goes shopping
  • Sponsored links:

• working class, that's what we all earn
  • im middle 4 grand a week me
  • Only seemed like one normal woman on there and that was the one that had the kid with the drunk frankenstein fella. She was trying to move on and sort her life out.

The blonde fat fecker who was having a pop at the bloke boarding up her windows was a bit of a nut job
  • takes me back this programme growing up in penge
  • clb74 said:

takes me back this programme growing up in penge

LOL
  • So is everyone who is skint an alcoholic or drug addict ?

Bit of a skewed programme IMO.
  • Me and my girlfriend work full time and haven't been able to upgrade our 32inch tv that we've had for the last 4 years.

You could if you wanted to and if your priorities were all skew wiff.
  • Regardless of all of the thousands of pounds these people are supposedly claiming,their lives seem bereft of any direction or joy.What a miserable existence.

Call me a sentimental old fool,but I pity them.
  • Redskin said:

Regardless of all of the thousands of pounds these people are supposedly claiming,their lives seem bereft of any direction or joy.What a miserable existence.

Call me a sentimental old fool,but I pity them.

My sentiments also.
    I watched 15mins of the first program and 15 mins of the second, all I could be bothered with.
    TV and the general populations really does like reality programs like these. I suppose they make "normal people" fell good about their own lot in life.
  • This is how hundreds of thousands of people live their lives today. The work ethic has gone from their lives, their parents and possibly grandparents have lived a life on the dole, many of their children are uneducable and unemployable from an early age. You'll find people like this in every city and large town in the UK. They are a drain on the national exchequer, the police and the NHS. At least most of their dole money is ploughed back into the general economy as saving is not part of the culture, why save when dole payments are regularly paid into your bank account.
    The whole situation is a great shame and a national scandal. The ONLY solution is job creation, benefits reduction and a form of virtually forced labour. This will never happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well benefits reduction is already happening, and will continue to happen. The cynic in me thinks shows like this are created with the sole purpose of convincing the middle classes that benefits reduction is justified. They show layabouts with 2k TVs to convince us everyone on benefits is wasting "our" money. They rarely show the families working 2 or 3 crappy jobs and with benefits still don't have enough to pay the bills or feed themselves properly.
  • Well benefits reduction is already happening, and will continue to happen. The cynic in me thinks shows like this are created with the sole purpose of convincing the middle classes that benefits reduction is justified. They show layabouts with 2k TVs to convince us everyone on benefits is wasting "our" money. They rarely show the families working 2 or 3 crappy jobs and with benefits still don't have enough to pay the bills or feed themselves properly.

The point is that families struggling by on low paid jobs and top up benefits are not really the people in question here, and I am totally in agreement that such families need more assistance. Perhaps there would be more benefits available to help 'the triers' if the indolent and carefree shirkers were taking less from the welfare budget
  • Me and my girlfriend work full time and haven't been able to upgrade our 32inch tv that we've had for the last 4 years.

You could if you wanted to and if your priorities were all skew wiff.
    We are both paying around 250 a month each on courses to get better jobs so after the mortgage, bills, car loans etc come out i have just about enough left for a hair cut and to pay for whatever has broken and needs reparing in the last month. I definitely need to sort out my priorities and get on the dole.