Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England C in Bermuda

The England C team (non league select I guess) are currently in Bermuda for a friendly tonight. I see a couple of Welling lads are involved - Anthony Acheampong & Fraser Franks. I know there are Welling fans on the forum - These guys any good? Is Acheampong related to Kenny?

Comments

• Options
    Both centre halfs, with Franks sometimes playing at Right Back for the wings.
  • Options
    You going tonight @Bermuda_red?

Anyone else? @ChicagoAddick

I'm waiting on a couple of tickets, taking my dad.

They're expecting 60,000, should be a good atmosphere.
  • Options
    Theres a 60,000 stadium in Bermuda??
  • Options
    Doesn't sound right. I've been to Bermuda a few times and don't remember any stadium that big. The entire population itself is only just over the 60k mark.
  • Options
    Yep I'm going, better get there early. Heard England C are bringing a few, so they're holding the home fans in after the game...........
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

You going tonight @Bermuda_red?

Anyone else? @ChicagoAddick

I'm waiting on a couple of tickets, taking my dad.

They're expecting 60,000, should be a good atmosphere.

Wind-up Alert
  • Options
    The stadium capacity is ca 8,500, I think Lookie made a slight typo...
  • Options
    I think Lookie must mean 6,000, but I'd be surprised if there is anywhere near that number. I can't go unfortunately as I have a work commitment but should be fun seeing the non-league boys as well as how the Bermuda team performs at this level. Sadly Nakhi Wells is not playing.
  • Options
    I've always wondered who the England B team are?
  • Options
    Was joking, likely to be 60 going.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sm said:

The last time I remember hearing about them was a striker (Sutton maybe?) refusing to play for them. Doubt such a thing really exists these days, can't see any managers allowing their players to be released for a B fixture.
  • Options
    sm said:

Our old hero Mike Flanagan played for the England B team in the 1970s.

• Options
    I think of England B and Michael Ricketts springs to mind for some reason
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6670865.stm Last England B match in 2007.

Purpose of it was to give younger/inexperienced players a chance to play internationally without a full cap. These days, the U21s are more like England B.
  • Options
    What was the score, then?
  • Options
    6-1 to England. Glad I went, nice evening to sit off and watch a game - good atmosphere. At start I wasn't sure who I wanted to win, but left at the end feeling good about an excellent performance by England C - well executed simple but fast passing game, lots of movement off the ball - more fun than watching the "A" team - that said the Bermuda team would make a lot of other teams look good. In fairness to Bermuda it wasn't their first team either. Nahki Wells wasn't playing and others missed out also. Jonte Smith was the standout Bermudian - he plays for Crawley Town. Maybe 2,000 attendence. Bigger than expected - which included at least 3 Charlton fans - assuming lookie was there.