Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

mad dogs series 3 - sky 1 @ 9pm

in case anyone wasn't aware, the third series starts tonight.

cannot wait : )

Comments

• Options
    thanks for the heads up
    would have missed it, been looking forward to this
  • Options
    yer, looking forward to it.

• Options
    Don't know how they've dragged another series out. Will give this one a watch though..
  • Options
    Have this down to watch altho' missed the previous series ...

Should this be a problem ?
  • Options
    definitely watch the previous series first imo.
  • Options
    A refreshing change to have a programme offering some light hearted entertainment. Action, humour, great scenery and not 54 hours of dragging out a story that The Sweeney did in 48mins.
    No subtitles either!
  • Options
    I watched it at the weekend but fell asleep - will have to go back and re-watch

Great series - nice and light hearted but good viewing nonetheless

Shame the fit copper got killed in the last series though - she was stunning
  • Options

If you're on Virgin series one and two are both available on catchup.
  • Options
    SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

So the bit at the beginning where Marc Warren was having the lie-detector test – how could those guys have got hold of all those photos of events in previous series, in scenes where the guys were without doubt the only people there? Thought that stretched credibility somewhat, but I did enjoy it.
  • Options
    I think they call it artistic licence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hawksmoor said:

Thought that stretched credibility somewhat

it has stretched credibility from minute one of series one but that doesn't detract from what good entertainment it really is

• Options
    I've been a big fan from series one, and as said earlier about the locales... I always feel like going on holiday after watching Mad Dogs. Even the prison yard looked appealing with those deep blue skies.
  • Options
    wickford said:

Aw thanks, Wicky but we have Sky.

• Options

wickford said:

Series 1 and 2 available on DVD for a combined £12.75 on Amazon. Well worth it.

• Options

wickford said:

Thanks, Large!

Might have to look down the back of the sofa or raid the grandkids' money boxes.....

• Options
    I bet Jon Simm had more fun making this than the awful, depressing The Village.
  • Options
    really good episode last night.

how many takes for Baxter to throw his hat on that hook?

and was there a hint of a smile from him afterwards?
  • Options

wickford said:

Thanks, Large!

Might have to look down the back of the sofa or raid the grandkids' money boxes.....

They are also on Sky on demand service in the box sets section.
  • Options
    I havent watched the first two series so have only started on this series... and am enjoying it. Even tho ive know idea of what went on before.

• Options
    I think the first one was the best one so far , try and watch it if you can
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just finished the third series. Hugely disappointed, not a patch on the first two series.
  • Options

Just finished the third series. Hugely disappointed, not a patch on the first two series.

Me and wifey said the same. It didn't go anywhere and didn't end properly.

• Options
    I enjoyed all 3.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Me and wifey said the same. It didn't go anywhere and didn't end properly.

Yep. Same here. An awful lot of not much really happening and none of it really making sense, then a finale that wasn't.
    And Jaime Winstone brought nothing to the show at all. Unconvincing, irritating and unnecessary.
    Really disappointed.
  • Options
    Oh, and also, is there any point to Woody? Is it just me, or does his character seem to have no, er, character?
    Bax, Rick and Quinn are all quite interesting and quirky in their own ways, but Woody's just a dullard as far as I can tell.
    Maybe he's supposed to be the group's conscience?

I dunno, I think I might be overthinking it! :-)
  • Options
    I've watched all 3 series. I think it started off reasonably well & gradually got worse & worse.
    I think the scripts were very poor & the acting wooden.
    I persevered because of the "names" in it and in the hope that it might improve, but I suppose you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear.
    Overall I thought it was crap & can't understand the previous comments of praise.
  • Options

It was ok to watch but wouldn't recommend the 3rd series to anyone. Or the 2nd series really. Desperation for ratings dragging it out. Jamie Winstone wasted her locks chopping them off for that.
  • Options
    Well I only watched the third series! So pretty clueless all round as to what was going on. I still have that chant/music going round my head from when they were all tripping!

Some lovely shots of Cape Town tho so makes me more determined to get there one day.
  • Options
    Just finished watching series 3. Enjoyed them all but the last one is the weirdest.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

I've been a big fan from series one, and as said earlier about the locales... I always feel like going on holiday after watching Mad Dogs. Even the prison yard looked appealing with those deep blue skies.

Totally agree, couple of tables in that yard, nice cool beer and few olives and I'd be well away.