Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eng v NZ 3rd One Dayer

NZ won toss & bowl.

Changes are, Finn & Broad back in for Dernbach & Woakes, who are dropped.

Anderson & Swann rested for Bopara & Tredwell.

Comments

• Options
    Good to see young Bopara getting a chance - about time.

come on Tredders.
  • Options
    The bookies have gone super optimistic .. England are joint favourites for the Champions Trophy .... hahahahaahahaha
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    3-1

Cook LBW McLenaghan 0
  • Options
    Good start
  • Options
    Bopara FFS. How many more times? If he does well today we'll end up playing him.
  • Options
    12-1 6 overs. Bell just hit the 1st boundary :-(
  • Options
    "England make a laboured start"

quelle surprise...
  • Options
    noticed the ball has been replaced as its gone out of shape ...

surely they can do something about that ...never happens in club cricket

• Options
    lolwray said:

noticed the ball has been replaced as its gone out of shape ...

surely they can do something about that ...never happens in club cricket

Just don't use a kookaburra!
  • Options
    69-2 18.1 overs

Trott LBW McLenaghan 37
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i dont like bell and cook at the top of the order (especially with trott at 3) id like to see Luke wright there instead of bell

predictions on our total anyone ?i ll say a gettable 250 after our 50 overs ...
  • Options
    I think Bopara is a better option than Woakes with bat and ball, sadly... We're crying out for a proper all rounder.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

i dont like bell and cook at the top of the order (especially with trott at 3) id like to see Luke wright there instead of bell

On what grounds? Bell is on 50 and has provided stability. I doubt Wright could have done the same when the two "rocks" have both fallen around him.

I like this about Bell, he has the ability to turn the screw and score runs quickly as he uses his feet well and comes down the wicket; he is a good player of spin. However he can also be patient and hold an end if wickets a falling.

It is unfortunate that he has not made any of his recent starts count, in both ODI's and tests, with a host of 20's and 30's. I don't mean to tempt fate but let's hope he turns this 50 into something meaningful as it will hopefully give him the confidence he needs going into the Champions Trophy.

• Options
    130-2 31 overs

Bell hits a "6" & is 68 no.

Root 24 no.
  • Options
    Typically you double the score at 30 overs to give the 50 over score, so looking like the 250 mentioned above. However, we do have plenty of wickets in hand, so 260-280 could be gettable.
  • Options

lolwray said:

On what grounds? Bell is on 50 and has provided stability. I doubt Wright could have done the same when the two "rocks" have both fallen around him.

I like this about Bell, he has the ability to turn the screw and score runs quickly as he uses his feet well and comes down the wicket; he is a good player of spin. However he can also be patient and hold an end if wickets a falling.

It is unfortunate that he has not made any of his recent starts count, in both ODI's and tests, with a host of 20's and 30's. I don't mean to tempt fate but let's hope he turns this 50 into something meaningful as it will hopefully give him the confidence he needs going into the Champions Trophy.

bells going well and good luck to him but i find that with cook trott and him at the top of the order we never get an aggressive start and yes he doesnt make enough good starts count ..we cant drop the skipper and trott has been more consistent IMHO

• Options
    Running between the wickets has been superb this innings.
  • Options

Running between the wickets has been superb this innings.

149-3 34 overs

Root RUN OUT 33 :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    CE got there first haha. Talk about kiss of death, A2TR. :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Idiotic shot from Bell. Caught mid off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bell C N McCullum B McLenaghan 82
  • Options
    Typical Bell dismissal - lazy shot when he had his eye in.
  • Options
    FFS, sorry. :-(
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    In comes the promising youngster; Bopara. :-)
  • Options
    Bopara will be our saviour. NOT. :-)
  • Options
    so today he got more than Trott and Cook but just when Bell was needed to make a game changing contribution he gets out to a shot like that .....if i was his skipper id be very unhappy with him (i had to edit what id originally typed)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bopara edges one wide of slip, hits one a couple of inches short of a catch, then is dropped by the bowler. At least he's looking in better form than usual :-)

NB Hopefully he will now get a decent score :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bopara C Taylor B Williamson 28

Did ok, but lucky & far from convincing.

211-5 46 overs
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    22 for Buttler off that over 644404.
    245-5 48 overs.
  • Options
    When he gets going, you can't defend against Buttler.