Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Electronic Tablets for kids?

Anyone recommend a kid friendly (7 yrs old) wallet friendly tablet. I know absolutey nuttin about these things. Ta

Comments

• Options
    The Beano ?
  • Options
    One of my daughters has a VTech InnoTab. It's pretty decent, lots of games and learning materials etc.

My missus got it from Early Learning Centre. I think it was about £70 with a couple of games and a case thrown in as well.
  • Options
    She's 6 by the way Carly (my daughter, not my missus!!)
  • Options
    its that or the leapster leapad? version, main plus of the innotab is you can load movies onto it that you've got from elsewhere, leapster is more restrictive in that way but seems to edge the innotab in other areas including content, age range and rechargable batteries feature (extra) but the main issue with the innotab, think it also has a bigger screen (the leapster) google a comparison of the two to get more info
  • Options
    This is a hard one to swallow.
  • Options
    I got an innotab for my daughter but she preferred to play games on my iphone so we bought her an iPad last week. Safe to say she loves it!

• Options
    I bought my 3 year old one of those Leapads for his birthday as he loved playing all the number games on my ipad.

Thought it was a load of rubbish when we got it out of the box so took it back and got him and ipad mini.
  • Options
    funny that I've been thinking same about an ipad
  • Options
    I got my boy one from amazon only £70 It's an NATPC 16gb he is 10 and does everything and more that he needs. Would recommend, he loves it.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

I bought my 3 year old one of those Leapads for his birthday as he loved playing all the number games on my ipad.

Thought it was a load of rubbish when we got it out of the box so took it back and got him and ipad mini.

This. Heard good things about the innotab. Bought one and quite frankly, it was rubbish and my daughter was already way beyond what it could do.
    She's going to have my iPad 2 when I upgrade very shortly.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers all. Just ordered a nextbook off of amazon. Plan is to load it up with apps and games.got a long journey in the car coming up.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Be wary of the iPad. My 4 (nearly 5) year old loves my iPad. To the point where it is becoming a strain getting him to do other things. I read an article on kids being treated for iPad addiction, and whilst not quite where I am yet, it doesnt seem as far from the truth as I once thought!
  • Options
    I let my eldest play on his wii maybe twice a week. And that's only if he's been good at school.
  • Options

Be wary of the iPad. My 4 (nearly 5) year old loves my iPad. To the point where it is becoming a strain getting him to do other things. I read an article on kids being treated for iPad addiction, and whilst not quite where I am yet, it doesnt seem as far from the truth as I once thought!

This is very much like my 12 year old who throw's a major 'Kevin' fit when he gets asked to come off his lap top. Then thinks its reasonable to spend the next 8 hours using a tablet. As for the tablet question, I would recommend an Ipod for the 5 years old but not the phone. I would warn any parents to be very strict with usage as addiction is possible for these things.