Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Betting Question

If you back someone to be Englands top goal scorer and England don't score, is that player the top goal scorer? No one would have scored more than him.

Comments

• Options
    but equally, he has not scored more than anyone else.

good luck with that one !
  • Options
    Probably not mate, check the other odds, probably an odd for a "no scorer"
  • Options
    You may get your stake back, otherwise they will probably split the odds with every other player in the squad paying you out practically nothing.
  • Options

but equally, he has not scored more than anyone else.

good luck with that one !

Yes I think that's what they might say.

Probably not mate, check the other odds, probably an odd for a "no scorer"

I will look at the slip but you are probably right.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

You may get your stake back, otherwise they will probably split the odds with every other player in the squad paying you out practically nothing.

12-1 divided by 23, not the best odds.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    No you wont get stake back either...

If noone scores then he has not scored more then anyone so you lose your bet.
  • Options
    Jonjo...?
  • Options
    Also as a side note, if he scores the same amount as someone else eg. Jono scores 2, so does Zaha it depends on the bookies T & C
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You don't get your money back because there will probably be provision in the top scorer market to back "no goalscorer".

Which, the Pros tend to do when looking to back a 0-0 in 90 minutes because OG's don't count as first goalscorer. So, a 1-0 with an OG results in a payout for those who backed "no goalscorer".

Even better if you trade between backing "no goalscorer" with the Bookies and laying the 0-0 on Betfair too because you end up with a double pay out! Not that that happens too often.
  • Options

Also as a side note, if he scores the same amount as someone else eg. Jono scores 2, so does Zaha it depends on the bookies T & C

Thanks, that was my next question.