Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    One of the bookes has been a right Bertie Smalls!
  • Options

One of the bookes has been a right Bertie Smalls!

• Options
    hahaha
  • Options
    Why didn't the bookies just say to him it's against rules, stop now or we will get in touch with the FA.

Any ideas what bookmakers it was?
  • Options
    "In December, the betting company informed me they were reporting me to the FA for breaching betting regulations"

Roughly translates as, Townsend was winning a lot, bookie didn't like it, so grassed him up. If Townsend was burning away thousands then the bookie wouldn't have said a word.
  • Options
    Umm, "speaking honestly there was never anything sinister going on".
    When I did taped interviews, as soon as anyone said "to be honest" or used some similar phrase, it was a pretty good bet (if I can use that phrase) that they were not telling the truth.
  • Options
    Think we've discovered NLAs new job.
  • Options
    Also can someone explain to me why if Townsend is sitting at home watching a game on tv, he can't have a bet on (for example), United v City just because he plays for a club in the same league. Seems a bit pathetic.
  • Options
    They would have kept quiet if he'd been losing lots
  • Options

Also can someone explain to me why if Townsend is sitting at home watching a game on tv, he can't have a bet on (for example), United v City just because he plays for a club in the same league. Seems a bit pathetic.

May have friends, ex-teammates etc he has been involved with in the teams, could have paid certain players to have an off-day which might benefit his team's place in the league etc.

Those are the reasons I suspect, but I agree its a little ridiculous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

because he will have friends at other clubs who can give you inside info aswell as an agent representing players at other clubs who would know if there was unrest in certain dressing rooms, injuries etc.

i'm not saying townsend was using any inside info just that the rule is there to stop people doing it

• Options
    I agree that's the reason why they don't let him bet on prem games but what a stupid rule, does that mean he cant have friends in the lower leagues. why don't they just ban all footballers from betting on any football matches instead of having these stupid rules.
  • Options
    Exactly. So he can't bet on a premier league game but could bet thousands on United or City in a champions league game. Stupid.