Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leaburn hat-trick...

13»

Comments

• Options
    drewman said:

Must had been a day for going with your Dad although I was 40 at the time. Great memories!

I wasn't at Ipswich but the only other game I remember him scoring more than once in was oxford away which I attended...........with my dad. We won 4-0 if I remember but I can't recall who else scored.
    Pretty sure I was at that one, think it might have been the first outing for the "You'll never beat the fish" chant that Mike Salmon used to get from time to time - he wasn't very impressed with it if I recall correctly.
  • Options
    drewman said:

Must had been a day for going with your Dad although I was 40 at the time. Great memories!

I wasn't at Ipswich but the only other game I remember him scoring more than once in was oxford away which I attended...........with my dad. We won 4-0 if I remember but I can't recall who else scored.
    He scored two, that day and we got a pen, everyone wanted him to take it for the hat trick. Curbs being Curbs wouldn't let him take it.
  • Options
    I was at Ipswich with my 7-year old son. I think it was his first away game. I live in Essex and looked at an East Anglian Daily Times on the Monday after the game. They said that the Man of the Match was one of the Ipswich defenders. Quite a strange choice.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

red_murph said:

Only just found this thread. It was one of my best away days ever.

My mate Nick (an Ipswich fan)
    dad was Ipswich club doctor and managed to get us a place in the directors box.

I was the row in front of a good few Charlton players and staff and I'm sure I had a good chat with Garry Nelson but that could be the years catching up with me. Met Mick Mills, Mike Walker, John Wark and said hello to the late great Bobby Robson whilst having a piss :)

Top day out.

Surname Bedford ?
    Jackson.

• Options

drewman said:

He scored two, that day and we got a pen, everyone wanted him to take it for the hat trick. Curbs being Curbs wouldn't let him take it.
    Rightly so. I remember when Robbo took a pen after scoring two and fluffed it. Curbs was furious in the press conference afterward, god knows what he said to the players.
  • Options

drewman said:

Rightly so. I remember when Robbo took a pen after scoring two and fluffed it. Curbs was furious in the press conference afterward, god knows what he said to the players.
    Was that West Brom at home? 4-1?
  • Options

drewman said:

That's right. Think Robbo's two goals and penalty miss were all in the first half.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

drewman said:

That's right. Think Robbo's two goals and penalty miss were all in the first half.
    They were, indeed.
  • Options

was at Villa when we won 2 v 1 and Carlo scored well given to him but huge deflection

T'was a 1-1 draw.

Boy was that a deflection! Still didn't stop us lot going ape-shit when it went in! :-D
  • Options

drewman said:

Pardew took and scored the penalty, and i'm guessing Nelson scored as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stefco said:

was at Villa when we won 2 v 1 and Carlo scored well given to him but huge deflection

T'was a 1-1 draw.

Boy was that a deflection! Still didn't stop us lot going ape-shit when it went in! :-D
    Wrong a 2-1 victory. Caton and Mountfield were the other scorers if my memory serves me correctly .
  • Options

Stefco said:

T'was a 1-1 draw.

Wrong a 2-1 victory. Caton and Mountfield were the other scorers if my memory serves me correctly .
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiss8uWv6fPAhVmDMAKHWoHC2sQtwIIKjAC&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A7QLVSqn18&usg=AFQjCNHd6A99s2VsVFj4yD2jpqWgELyieg&sig2=aHKDU4tEDEQjgZwNduY3mw
    Was a 2-1 win.
  • Options
    Amazing day. Was on the Junior reds coach but had been invited to go 'corporate' by one of my print reps who was an Ipswich fan (he hadn't been for years) and was treated to an excellent lunch, nice bottle of wine and a seat near the directors box. We went 1-0 down and was surrounded by lots if smug faces; oh how that changed in the second half! Took 'em apart! Funny thing though, wasn't invited back next season!
  • Options

drewman said:

Yes. I remember that, it was an awful pen.
  • Options
    I was there! Junior reds coach was buzzing that day up in with their supporters!
  • Options

21 years ago today, great memories, and whatever happened to Paul Linger.
    How comes we dont do the away game black shorts thing these days
  • Options
    Because the kit manufacturers/sponsors want us to use a 2nd or 3rd kit.
  • Options
    I was there. Lovely sunny day, caught the train. Great to see the goals again after so many years.
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to be at both games that week-I can't stop smiling watching those goals again, a Leaburn hat trick all with his feet! And that Linger goal.....
  • Options
    HandG said:

I was lucky enough to be at both games that week-I can't stop smiling watching those goals again, a Leaburn hat trick all with his feet! And that Linger goal.....

Same here, both games. Didn't Ipswich have the keeper go off injured?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I seem to remember that the terrace to the left of us was closed but at half time half a dozen Tractor Boys invaded it and gave us some very red raw abuse, which we returned in spades. The rozzers then rounded them up, to much abuse from fans all around. It was a good bit of fun.

Or have I got the wrong Ipswich game?
  • Options

HandG said:

Same here, both games. Didn't Ipswich have the keeper go off injured?
    Yeah he got injured when we scored 1st goal and replaced with outfield player after our second goal.
  • Options
    My one & only trip to Portman road. I'm still in shock........... :neutral: