Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tough Mudder - tomorrow

Any other Addicks doing this? I'd usually put 'should be fun!' after something like this, but 'fun' probably isn't an appropriate word to describe it...

Comments

• Doubleyouteeeff?
  • Few people from my company doing it. Good luck!
  • Some of the stuff looks alright , I just don't fancy being electrocuted.
  • Yeah, that's the only thing about it that really makes me nervous. I can't even play those stupid games where you grab onto that thing that looks like an electrified tennis racquet
  • I just had to look this up. Seriously, why on earth would you do this? I am not taking the mickey here or being a smart alec, I cannot see any point in it. If its for charity there are far easier ways to make money Leroy.
  • It does look good but there's no way I'd pay £30 let alone £80!
  • I just had to look this up. Seriously, why on earth would you do this? I am not taking the mickey here or being a smart alec, I cannot see any point in it. If its for charity there are far easier ways to make money Leroy.

For the laugh of it. There are 20 of us doing it in two teams of ten. Although it will be tough, it will also be a great achievement at the end. A bit silly of me to drunkenly agree to doing it in the middle of when I should be training for cycling to Paris, mind you - but c'est la vie!
  • Good luck LA. You'll smash it. Got a couple of other mates doing it tomorrow and you're in much better shape than them!

(Just don't get a tattoo at the end like some do lol)
  • My daughter's boyfriend is doing this and she will be a spectator. will tell her there is a another charlton fan there.
  • I'm supposed to be doing something similar (but not a Tough Mudder event) later on this year - at least I stupidly said I would...
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks quality and I was thinking id be up for it.

Then I see the electrocutions and what looks like barbed wire. Feck that
  • Saw Bear Grylls do this. For tough mudders only. Good luck, my colleague is also doing it.
  • My daughter (an addick) competed in the one in Northampton recently. Madness! She loved it though and is incredibly active and fit. Good luck to you! She competed alone but said the teams are needed to help each other at some obstacles. She was really proud to come 10 minutes behind the guys she knows from BMF training.
  • I thought it sounded like a dodgy practice! Thank God for Google!!!

For the laugh of it. There are 20 of us doing it in two teams of ten. Although it will be tough, it will also be a great achievement at the end. A bit silly of me to drunkenly agree to doing it in the middle of when I should be training for cycling to Paris, mind you - but c'est la vie!
    The cycling seems to make more sense... LOL. Good luck with both!
  • Smashed it. 2 hours 3 minutes. The ice bath was by far the worst thing I've ever experienced. Feel absolutely awesome now - I recommend it to anyone who wants to challenge themselves.
  • Well done Leroy! Get electrocuted?
  • Nice one. Gotta be a fruit cake to do it, but nice one!
  • Great time Leroy. Most would be delighted with that time for just the 12 miles, let alone the obstacles.
  • Yeah - got electrocuted :). That was a bit painful, to say the least. Ending with a second lot of electric wires was evil. Pleased with the time - stopped to help out teammates too a few times. I could get it under two hours with a bit of training. The hills were absolutely evil, but the obstacles break it all up pretty nicely.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2013
    I did it in 2 hours 4 mins Leroy!! Such good fun, bloody brutal though!
  • That Arctic Enema was evil. What wave were you in?
  • They'e my client. I assume you don't want to know how much dough they make out of your misery?
  • edited August 2013
    DAMN!!!

That's the second lot, right at the end. The first lot are far worse, as you have to lie face down in muddy water and crawl through them - meaning the shocks are bigger, and there are more of them.