Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup Qualifiers

Results been fairly favourable to England to tonight with Poland drawing away 1-1 at Moldova and Ukraine beating Montenegro 2-0.

Fancy if we do the business at Wembley a point in Kiev will be enough.

Scotland currently pulling off a shock by beating Croatia 1-0 away from home.

Comments

• Options
    Great results there. Tricky trip to Ukraine awaits.
  • Options
    3-0 Ukraine now. Montenegro down to 9 men and Ukraine 10.
  • Options
    Scotland were very good, but I was surprised at how little effort Croatia put in - I think Bilic's comments before the game ("Scotland wont get past the halfway line") just showed again you should show your opposition respect no matter who they are, even if you're ranked 4th in the world. If only Levin hadn't been the manager at the start of the campaign Scotland might still be in with a shout.
  • Options
    Great morale boosting result for Scotland.

Ukraine won 4-0!!
  • Options
    Robbie Keane scores a hat trick in a poor 3-0 win.
  • Options

Robbie Keane scores a hat trick in a poor 3-0 win.

To be fair I doubt the players who have just played a whole European season are really up for these fixtures. Great that Keane gets a hat-trick on the day he breaks the appearances record.
  • Options
    What does England's table look like?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Scotland were very good, but I was surprised at how little effort Croatia put in - I think Bilic's comments before the game ("Scotland wont get past the halfway line") just showed again you should show your opposition respect no matter who they are, even if you're ranked 4th in the world. If only Levin hadn't been the manager at the start of the campaign Scotland might still be in with a shout.

I'd like to believe that but think the class of Belgium and Croatia is too much.

Excellent result tonight and there are players who are making it hard to get them out the starting 11, Snodgrass for one. Macarthur was excellent tonight and Hutton seems to have sorted his head out.

Anyone watch it on sportscene by any chance? Berra opening himself to offers, gave the impression Saunders fell out with him. Dare I say I wouldn't mind him.
  • Options
    Cheers VG. Poor San Marino haha, played 6, no points and -29 GD.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

se9addick said:

I'd like to believe that but think the class of Belgium and Croatia is too much.

Excellent result tonight and there are players who are making it hard to get them out the starting 11, Snodgrass for one. Macarthur was excellent tonight and Hutton seems to have sorted his head out.

Anyone watch it on sportscene by any chance? Berra opening himself to offers, gave the impression Saunders fell out with him. Dare I say I wouldn't mind him.
    Yeah, what was that comment "I wasn't in the team for specific reasons" all about ? I don't rate Berra at all, seen him have a shocker far too many times for Scotland, Hanley is much better. He also looked more like Gary O'Connor than I realised which is another red flag !

I'm not saying Scotland would have qualified, but I think if they hadn't have had Levine in charge they'd still be in the mix rather than being one of the first nations eliminated .

Totally agree Snodgrass and Macarthur were excellent, think Maloney is really important. Rhodes should start also.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ukraine and England both have 3 of their last 4 at home.

Ukraine have easier fixtures with 2 of their games against San Marino.

England must get at least a point in Kiev.
  • Options
    Have said before that I'd like to see Berra at the Valley next season. Has Prem experience etc. but will trust opinion of those who have seen him play more often than me.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Fiiiiiish said:

se9addick said:

Yeah, what was that comment "I wasn't in the team for specific reasons" all about ? I don't rate Berra at all, seen him have a shocker far too many times for Scotland, Hanley is much better. He also looked more like Gary O'Connor than I realised which is another red flag !

I'm not saying Scotland would have qualified, but I think if they hadn't have had Levine in charge they'd still be in the mix rather than being one of the first nations eliminated .

Totally agree Snodgrass and Macarthur were excellent, think Maloney is really important. Rhodes should start also.
    Heard Saunders was a crack pot so who knows what happened there. He was excellent when he was pushing for his spot, then he sort of folded into a player lacking confidence. If you can get him right in the head he is a decent player. Right about the Gary O'Connor thing......I was happy not noticing that before.

Agree with that regarding Levein. Felt for him in a way as he just seemed the kinda guy who you could see getting the run around from some egos and would struggle tactically, was never going to end well.

Hopefully establishing a good bunch now will stead us well for the Euro's.

• Options
    Makes Ukraine huge now. Must get my flight booked.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    England Fixtures

August 2013

England v Scotland Wed 14 Aug 20:00

World Cup Qualifying - European - Group H

England v Moldova Fri 6 Sep Kick-off TBC

Ukraine v England Tue 10 Sep Kick-off TBC

England v Montenegro Fri 11 Oct Kick-off TBC

England v Poland Tue 15 Oct Kick-off TBC
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

se9addick said:

Fiiiiiish said:

se9addick said:

Heard Saunders was a crack pot so who knows what happened there. He was excellent when he was pushing for his spot, then he sort of folded into a player lacking confidence. If you can get him right in the head he is a decent player. Right about the Gary O'Connor thing......I was happy not noticing that before.

Agree with that regarding Levein. Felt for him in a way as he just seemed the kinda guy who you could see getting the run around from some egos and would struggle tactically, was never going to end well.

Just don't think the squad is good enough, but at least attempting to compete in games is a step forward. The 460 in Prague was the most embarrassing mess in a decade flooded with pish.

Two things of note. 1 Chris Commons considering himself too tired for the game and declaring he needed time with his family. Then tweeted a pic of him and his mates off whoring in Vegas. Thanks for nothing Commoner, fuck off.

Also the comment on Off the Ball, Slobodan milosovic and Kilmarnock. They both tortured people in football stadiums.
  • Options
    I expect us to beat Montenegro at Wembley - Ukraine are now a threat and Poland are still in it. Win in Ukraine though and we'll win the group.
  • Options

I expect us to beat Montenegro at Wembley - Ukraine are now a threat and Poland are still in it. Win in Ukraine though and we'll win the group.

I never count my chickens as far as England are concerned Muttley, but a win or even a draw - as Valley Gary said - puts us in a position where it is ours to lose...
  • Options
    As always it will depend on pre season and early season injuries to our key players!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As is always the case .. if we cant qualify from our weak group .. we don't deserve ... etc etc etc
  • Options
    a good win for the scots in Zagreb .. but, as ever, too little too late
  • Options
    The jocks can get some pride back by winning à couple more and build for next time. Its good to have home nations at major tournaments. most of the time its england, england, england. Takes the focus off the england circus.
  • Options

The jocks can get some pride back by winning à couple more and build for next time. Its good to have home nations at major tournaments. most of the time its england, england, england. Takes the focus off the england circus.

It's actually more important than just playing for pride. The next European Championships will have 24 teams for the first time (an idea that was actually promoted by the SFA) which gives countries like Scotland, Wales etc a better chance of qualifying but if Scotland don't win a few more games they'll be in pot four of the draw which could potentially end up with them having two or three huge countries in their group.
  • Options
    I didn't think of that. You are right.

France2016 will be the best chance for countries of Scotland's size to qualify.
  • Options

Fiiiiiish said:

se9addick said:

Fiiiiiish said:

se9addick said:

Just don't think the squad is good enough, but at least attempting to compete in games is a step forward. The 460 in Prague was the most embarrassing mess in a decade flooded with pish.

Two things of note. 1 Chris Commons considering himself too tired for the game and declaring he needed time with his family. Then tweeted a pic of him and his mates off whoring in Vegas. Thanks for nothing Commoner, fuck off.

4-6-0.....taint Levein forever that will.

As for Commons, Sportscene made a starting 11 of players who were not fit or available and he was in it.....no thanks. Talented yes, but move on, clearly doesn't want the pride, just the money. I like to think that if a player tried to pull that one with Strachan and Mcghee I'd be able to hear the rollocking all the way down here. Getting the pride in the players is the key now whilst finding main stays who have to fight to prove themselves (Hanley comes to mind), not an easy job but Strachan actually seems to be confident in his plan. Thought it was great yesterday that he told the reporter he wasn't going to share what he said in the dressing room before the game aswell and that the critics can basically do one.

• Options
    Bit of a random one but Denmark currently getting beaten 4-0 at home by the mighty Armenia!
  • Options
    Denmark are being humiliated 0-4 at home to Armenia tonight. Armenia lost their previous WCQ 1-0 to the mighty Malta! I'm watching it on the box with my Danish wife. Shocking performance by the Danes.
  • Options
    There's an echo in here ;-)
  • Options

There's an echo in here ;-)

Looks like we posted at exactly the same time!