Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Need help on printing something in Word.

Wonder if any of you boys and girls out there can help. I want to print a picture I have taken from clip-art as background on a menu, but I need to tone the colour right down so that the writing on the menu still stands out - so it is almost like a coloured watermark, if that makes sense? Anyone know if it is possible, and if so how to do it? I have Word 2007 if that makes a difference? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    On my version you can do the following, but I'm not sure if you can do it with 2007:

Once you've copied a picture in, right click on the pic and choose 'format picture'.
    Choose the 'adjust picture' option and use the slider to change the transparency to whatever you like.
    When you've done this, right click the pic again and choose 'format picture' again, but this time choose the 'layout' option. Select the option to put the picture behind the text.

Once you've done this you should be able to type over it.

Et voila.
  • Options
    Or (at least on Word 2000):
    In your word document without having embedded the picture.
    Go to Format
    Then Background.
    Choose Fill Effects
    Then Picture
    and browse to insert yopur picture as a background effect.
    I think that works.
  • Options
    Yeah, I just tried it and it does and with an edge to edge picture.
    I guess you have to tamper with your picture first to wash out the colour.
  • Options
    You can make the picture a watermark.
    Somewhere in the menus at the top is a watermark option. You can use the picture as a watermark in that and it makes the picture just visible
  • Options

Works in Word 2003, may be similar for 2007 ....

1. On the Format menu, point to Background, and then click Printed Watermark.
    2. Click Picture watermark, and then click Select Picture.
    3. Select the picture you want, and then click Insert.
    4. Select any additional options that you want, such as Scale to change the size of the picture or Washout to dim the picture, and then click Apply.

Looks better (IMHO) if "washout" is not used to dim the picture ......
  • Options
    You could try asking Stig - look at the brilliant graphic he did for the CAS Trust meeting last night at the Beehive.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, 2007 has a different menu to any of the ones you mention, but having found the format menu with your help I have managed to achieve close to the effect I was looking for. Thank you all very much for bothering.