Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Playstation Network Issue

Wondering if any of you can help me on this.

I am with BT and use the home hub and the internet works on my PC, Ipad and Iphone but whenever I connect the PS3 I have so many problems.

Whenever I am in the middle of a Fifa game with somebody the PSN kicks me out and when I try to re-test the connection and log back in again it fails. I change the home hub channel or give refresh it and it then works fine but the PSN kicks me out again.

I tried various of different routes but I am still having the same problem. I don't really understand how my PC, Ipad and Iphone works well when my PS3 has so many problems with the internet. What I find even more annoying is that the status on my PS3 shows the home hub signal strength is 100% so I can't understand why I am having this problem.

New router perhaps?????

Comments

• Options
    Aye router or ISP is the problem PSN is good at the mo.

My router is ok and my ISP cuts me off sometimes (orange).
  • Options
    Some routers or providers have a firewall that can hamper online gaming as it cuts off the internet for a second or so every now and then. If you phone them up they can usually get rid of it for you to ensure a smoother running
  • Options
    Put it in the fridge
  • Options
    might be no help at all but this is how my PS3 started to go on the blink, it happened all the time.

Now, I have no wireless connection to PS3 at all.

Have to plug in Ethernet and have no issues now, although a fckin eyesore around the living room.
  • Options
    Just changed from virgin to sky as my little boy couldnt play on PSN without him " lagging out" fuk knows what it means but it used to upset him

He was forever not having enough connection to play with his mates

Since the swap super fast connection no lagging happy son

Might not help much as i have no idea what i am on about
  • Options
    Eliminate it being a wireless issue first - plug a cable in between the ps3 and your router. If that works, you have a wireless problem - check for interference (microwaves, cordless phones, large metal objects next to the router), or see whether someone else is using the wireless at the same time (downloading etc). WiFi is only half duplex (if there is more than one device on the wireless network, only one of them can 'talk' at the same time).

In fact, 'eliminate the wireless' is pretty much standard troubleshooting advice for any home networking problem.
  • Options
    I get this alot so haven't played online properly in ages, do think its my own connection though as it always drops on my laptop anyway
  • Options
    There are channel codes which you can get from PSN (call the helpline) to open up those channels to ease the problem. I don't think anything is 100% gauranteed, as issues arise at their and our ends, but it will help. I have been relegated at least 3 times in the past, winning a game in which I needed a point to stave off relegation only for the connection to drop out. If it weren't only a game it would be very frustrating, but alas, it is only a game and a bit of relaxation therapy....
  • Options
    Virgin media was the best and orange is the worst. VM don't do my local area now though!
  • Options
    Does anyone know if you can connect a stronger 2nd wireless router to an Orange Live Box? The orange box signal strength is woeful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not too sure but my instinct on that question is that your circuit will be at the pace of the slowest link in the chain i.e the orange live box

Leroy's advice re always removing the wireless and trying to run it wired to test the real connection is bang on. If the wired works well, then the issue is with your wireless router