Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man calls Police to complain that his prostitute isn't good looking enough

LOL, picture of said working lady would have been useful to prove or disprove his complaint.
Officers could hardly believe their ears when the man reported the woman for “breaching the Sale of Goods Act"

An outraged punter dialled 999 because the prostitute he had just hired was UGLY.

Officers could hardly believe their ears when the man reported the woman for “breaching the Sale of Goods Act.”

In a fury, he told how he had said to the hooker she didn’t come up to scratch and had mis-sold herself.

But she then hurled his car keys at him and stormed off from their meeting place outside a hotel.

An officer in the call centre at Solihull, Birmingham, informed him the woman had not committed an offence and it was he who had broken the law by soliciting for sex.

West Midlands Police has now warned him about wasting police time – punishable by up to six months jail.

A force spokesman said: “The man refused to give his details, but police identified him and have sent him a letter.

"Wasting police time is a serious offence and carries a maximum sentence of six months imprisonment."

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 stipulates goods must be of satisfactory quality, be fit for purpose and match the sellers’ description.

In the recording, lasting 1min 35secs, the unidentified male caller claims the woman had "mis-described" and "misrepresented herself".

He is heard telling the female call handler that the woman he had agreed to meet had advertised herself "in the private section of the newspaper" but "had got her knickers in a twist" after he told her he was not going to use her services.

"I arranged to meet with her," he is heard to say.

"But beforehand I have asked for a description of her - give me an honest description otherwise when I get there I'm not going to use your services.

"She's mis-described and misrepresented herself totally. She was angry - she thinks I owe her a living or something."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/listen-man-complain-police-prostitute-1949936#ixzz2WAXp3EBE

Comments

• Options
    So NLA, would ya?
  • Options
    Typical plod, ignore an entirely legitimate complaint and then threaten the victim with prosecution.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Typical plod, ignore an entirely legitimate complaint and then threaten the victim with prosecution.

Agreed! Very unprofessional of them.

This is one for the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
  • Options
    I've been thinking about this some more and looked up the Criminal Law Act. It says:
    Where a person causes any wasteful employment of the police by knowingly making to any person a false report (my emphasis) tending to show that an offence has been committed, or to give rise to apprehension for the safety of any persons or property, or tending to show that he has information material to any police inquiry, he shall be liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for not more than six months or to a fine of not more than two hundred pounds or to both.
    So, first, clearly the individual concerned believed what he was saying about the prostitute misrepresenting her attributes, so he did not knowingly make a false report, so the offence does not apply.
    Second, as far as I can tell, a "soliciting offence" applies to the prostitute herself and not to her prospective client.
    So the police should not have been hounding this individual with bogus threats about impossible prosecutions and their spokesperson was either lying, has been misquoted or is ignorant of the law - you decide.

Meanwhile, and I agree that the man cited the wrong legislation, but he can hardly be blamed for that, Section 2 of The Fraud Act 2006 would tend to indicate that the prostitute had committed a fraud by misrepresentation and the matter should have been given proper consideration by the police.
    As Brendan suggests, the IPPC should be his next port of call.
  • Options
    I wouldve renegotiated the cost and advised her on false advertising

Never turn down a sure thing
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

I've been thinking about this some more and looked up the Criminal Law Act. It says:
    Where a person causes any wasteful employment of the police by knowingly making to any person a false report (my emphasis) tending to show that an offence has been committed, or to give rise to apprehension for the safety of any persons or property, or tending to show that he has information material to any police inquiry, he shall be liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for not more than six months or to a fine of not more than two hundred pounds or to both.
    So, first, clearly the individual concerned believed what he was saying about the prostitute misrepresenting her attributes, so he did not knowingly make a false report, so the offence does not apply.
    Second, as far as I can tell, a "soliciting offence" applies to the prostitute herself and not to her prospective client.
    So the police should not have been hounding this individual with bogus threats about impossible prosecutions and their spokesperson was either lying, has been misquoted or is ignorant of the law - you decide.

Meanwhile, and I agree that the man cited the wrong legislation, but he can hardly be blamed for that, Section 2 of The Fraud Act 2006 would tend to indicate that the prostitute had committed a fraud by misrepresentation and the matter should have been given proper consideration by the police.
    As Brendan suggests, the IPPC should be his next port of call.

Correct on all counts.
  • Options
    DRFDRF
    edited June 2013
    Wow they 'sent him a letter', I bet that really taught him a lesson.

PS
    "Second, as far as I can tell, a "soliciting offence" applies to the prostitute herself and not to her prospective client."

Not true the law was changed so that clients who visit prostitutes are the ones repremanded, not the prostitute.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It probably hit the headlines as they told everyone on Twitter. Ive seen a few of their Tweets, they are quite funny for the filth.

@SolihullPolice 11 Jun Unbelievable… man just reported a ‘lady of the night’ for breaching Sale of Goods Act with her looks. Sergeant reshaping the man's attitude.

The filth comment is a joke by the way.
  • Options
    DRF said:

Wow they 'sent him a letter', I bet that really taught him a lesson.PS
    "Second, as far as I can tell, a "soliciting offence" applies to the prostitute herself and not to her prospective client."

Not true the law was changed so that clients who visit prostitutes are the ones repremanded, not the prostitute.

Addressed it to his wife though.

• Options
    What the story doesnt say is the brass was his wife and that is why he was so peeed off not only did she not look like the description

He also knew oral and anal were off the cards
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

It probably hit the headlines as they told everyone on Twitter. Ive seen a few of their Tweets, they are quite funny for the filth.

@SolihullPolice 11 Jun Unbelievable… man just reported a ‘lady of the night’ for breaching Sale of Goods Act with her looks. Sergeant reshaping the man's attitude.

The filth comment is a joke by the way.

Solihull Police come up with some great tweets.

Best one I saw was about a load of cans of Red Bull being stolen from a petrol station, and it finishing with 'How do these people sleep at night...'

The update a while later was that a man had been arrested and was 'talkative, very talkative' at the police station.