Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zootsuits with side vents

OK you guys and gals.....role call for those going to The Who's gig tomorrow. What bar will you be in beforehand?

Comments

• Options
    "out on the street again leaping along, dressed right for a street fight"
  • Options
    I'll be there, going to The Pilot first.
  • Options
    My mate went to the gig in Glasgow said they were great but Townsend made a balls up talking about Scottish independence coming soon and he got booed by large sections of the crowd. Mods are generally pro-British judging by the amount of Union Jack badges etc they wear, surely Townsend would have known that.
  • Options
    How long would those side vents be, solidgone?
  • Options

How long would those side vents be, solidgone?

Five inches long
  • Options
    Oi Buckshee that was my line ;0)
  • Options
    make sure you're leaping along
  • Options
    Being a slaphead, I won't have to cut my hair.
  • Options
    D_F_T said:

My mate went to the gig in Glasgow said they were great but Townsend made a balls up talking about Scottish independence coming soon and he got booed by large sections of the crowd. Mods are generally pro-British judging by the amount of Union Jack badges etc they wear, surely Townsend would have known that.

Better than talking about sex with children
  • Options
    Going to this tonight. Can't wait.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cab coming in 10 to the pilot.
  • Options
    Great gig last night. Superb band that Pete & Roger have got around them and Simon does a fair amount of lead vocals and a good job of them too.

Had a laugh when the banter was going on with Daltrey making a comment about the musicians having a break...when he'd snuck off a few times during the instrumental/Pete bits! It was definitely said tongue in cheek...and he almost went flying on one such attempt to walk off by the side of the drum set!

Going again tonight. In the box with work this time, can't wait :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Good piece on BBC News channel at the moment. Sure they'll be repeating throughout the morning.

Edit: just checked...it's a full 30 minute piece and is on again at 8.30pm tonight. Well worth catching.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I will be in the pub inside the O2 before hand. Meeting a friend I have not seen for years first. Should be a good night. Vintage Trouble are supporting and they are worth seeing
  • Options
    There is something great about this band seeing them live. I really enjoyed it but a tad disappointed that they swapped Blue eyes with You better you bet but overall had a great night ....and would love to go again tonight but heard the tickets are about £130. Agree about Vintage Trouble they are worth watching and the lead singer has a great voice and energy.

Interesting to note that the audience seemed more like a SAGA outing than a rock night....I guess its old farts like me that can't help rock n rolling!
  • Options
    Doors open at 6.30 but what time do we 'see action'?
  • Options
    Vintage Trouble came on at 7-30 and The Who around 8-30, I did notice a lot of empty seats yesterday I suppose the season ticket holders didn't turn up again :)
  • Options
    Thanks Bilko. Last time I saw them was Albert Hall Teenage Cancer Gig in 2000 (have the dvd of that one!) and Wembley Stadium (farewell tour!) 77/78 ish?
  • Options
    All - I am hosting clients tonight and am told that tonight's show timings are all 30 minutes earlier than last night. This came through work, but a colleague is a member of the fan club and has been told the same...

Doors Open 6pm
    Vintage Trouble 7pm
    Interval 7.30pm
    The Who 8pm
    End 10.15pm

They were pretty much on schedule yesterday, so would expect the same tonight. Hope all going have a great night.