Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

March51...again...(get well soon)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I don`t know you or your dad, but having lots of health issues myself it is nice to know that others are thinking of you, I wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    Don't believe we've met but please pass on Fanny's best wishes and give him a hug from me too.

Something I've always worried about losing is my sight ...Mum has macular degeneration and her Ddad was partially sighted .Not sure how anyone could come to terms with not being able to see loved ones' faces, read all those wonderful books and of course watch our lads play the Beautiful Game.

We know you'll try to be your Dad's eyes as much as possible, Jimmy but hopefully his sight will improve as he gets stronger.

Please keep us informed about his progress.
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear Terry's news. Wishing him a very speedy recovery and hope one way or another to see him back on CL asap. All the best mate.
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear that he's unwell again. Wishing you a speedy recovery Terry.

Best wishes

Dazzler
  • Options
    Thanks for letting us know Jimmy. Hope your Dad is feeling better soon.

As far as accessibility software goes, there's lots of different types - what's best depends on what type of operating system he's running, and how bad the visual impairment is. The more recent versions of Windows have a bunch of accessibility tools built in, including Magnifier (zooms in to one part of the screen) and Narrator (which reads the on screen text). For Windows7 start here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/enable/products/windows7/default.aspx (there's links for Win8 & Vista in the sidebar too). I'm sure Apple will have similar stuff too.

Unfortunately, the basic screenreader probably won't be much cop for web-based stuff like Charlton Life, cos it'll try to read all the code stuff within the pages that we can't see, but helps it run properly. Chrome and Firefox have extensions that you can install (ChromeVox and Fire Vox respectively) for reading webpages, but I've not tried them myself, so can't say how good they are.
  • Options
    Can only echo what everyone else has said, thanks Jimmy, best wishes to you and please wish Terry a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Please also pass on my best wishes, get well soon March mate!
  • Options
    Get well soon sir.
  • Options
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery, old bean.
  • Options
    Get well soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wishing you all the best.
  • Options
    good luck to March and you Jimmy

all the best
  • Options
    March and Jimmy. Hang in there. :-) All the very best.
  • Options
    pls pass my best wishes to yr dad and hope that things improve for him soon.

• Options
    Get well soon, March.
  • Options
    March get well soon mate.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear about March51.....hope you get well again soon mate
  • Options
    Really sorry to learn of this setback - hoping for news of a speedy recovery.

Very best wishes from all at the 696/698 Appreciation Society.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Really sorry to learn of this setback - hoping for news of a speedy recovery.

Very best wishes from all at the 696/698 Appreciation Society.

Genuine question for you Trolleybus fans. Is there any more to this than co-incidence?

• Options
    Nice one, Stig. Jimmy will have fun explaining that to his dad!

Wishing March 51 all the very best in his recovery.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig - a very nice thought I wouldn't think it's any more than coincidence. The trolleybus motif I guess is from the mid-30s, predating our beloved badge by 30 years.

No trolleybus services actually ran in Charlton (unless maybe there were rush-hour journeys extended west of Woolwich); however, the local trolleybuses running out of Bexleyheath Depot did have a connection through to the Central Tram and Trolleybus Works in Charlton.

And we haven't even mentioned the 36, 38 and 40 trams yet, eh, March ?
  • Options
    get well soon, all the best March
  • Options
    Get welll soon to March. Hoping he makes a full recovery soon so he can get back down the Valley.
  • Options

Jimmy, pass on my best wishes to your dad
  • Options
    All the best March. Get well soon
  • Options
    Get well soon, hope it all sorts itself out for the best
  • Options
    Figures crossed that things return to normal as they can do re strokes
  • Options
    Get well soon March and all the best to your family.
  • Options
    wishing you a speedy recovery
  • Options
    Best wishes for a speedy, and full, recovery.