Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Local Accountant

Can anyone recommend a decent accountant. Just looking for some assistance with self-assessment return and self-employment advice. I'm in Lee.

Comments

• Options
    pm me if you wish
  • Options
    I know a good one in Dartford who is also a very big Charlton fan.

Graham Sadler of Sadler Davies. He's on holiday at the moment though
  • Options
    Re Jones are in Lee not far from the station they do all my Ltd company stuff
  • Options

Steve Jones is a good bloke.

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Steve Jones is a good bloke.

Seconded...
  • Options
    What was the name of that accountant fella that used to advertise on that Charlton radio show back in the day ... "Now you've got your tax return there's one name you should learn ........"

Clearly didn't work on me - I can't remember his name.
  • Options
    somefing Sargent ?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Gary Sargeant - that's it. Nice one MoG - was driving me mad that was.
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the contacts, will check them out or might just try and do it myself.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Thanks for the contacts, will check them out or might just try and do it myself.

Be interested to know how you get on Nug - I am also looking for an accountant but might just try to fill in my self assessment forms.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Self assessment is really really easy these days. The online portal is good, although some of the passwords and security elements can become a necessary evil.

If you are able to keep a decent ledger of your profit and loss on excel or some other spread sheet then you can do SA. it's an easy interface HMRC have designed

Key will be assessing any special benefits or regulations your particular profession might entail. Then finally dealing with any investment income you have and how you route it through your trading entity.

I do not mean to underplay the role of a good accountant or solicitor but it is within the reach of most do it ok e themselves

Just don't assume HMRC will always get their end of the bargain totally correct. I have had difficulties in the past trying diligently trying to repay over refunded tax due ;)