Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

hastings and liverpool

What is it with Hastings ?
Went there today and there was Liverpool shirts everywhere!
Don't get it?
I wouldn't go to Liverpool for my summer hols.

Comments

• Could be southern scouse supporters?
  • Nah don't so
    Deff on hols
  • Never been the same since 1066.
  • Stag do?
  • This from an article in New Statesman:
    "Despite its location in affluent East Sussex, Hastings has endemic problems with poverty and deprivation...".
    So perhaps scousers feel at home there?
  • Hastings is full of Alchopop drinking, tracksuit wearing, greasy haired, loud mouth chavs.

Similar to Dartford I guess!! ;o)
  • and Liverpool
  • "Would all scousers piss off back to Liverpool immediately"
  • Hastings and Liverpool are both shitholes. There's your link
  • Sponsored links:

• Are they twinned?
  • A lot of northerners come to the haven in hastings on their holidays don't have a clue why but their choice haha. It ain't as bad as your all making it out to be. Quiete possibly it's worse
  • Best known for King Harolds famous saying,
    `Careful with that thing or you'll have someones eye out'
  • Was in Hastings a few years ago and some random drunk dude I've never seen just comes up to me like "oh I know you, you owe me a tenner"
  • Was in Hastings a few years ago and some random drunk dude I've never seen just comes up to me like "oh I know you, you owe me a tenner"

Was he a tax payer by any chance?

• That's your Dad, Nathan.
  • I live in Hastings and at this point should leap to its defence and get the right hump for it being slagged off........
    But I cant! It has got some nice little areas (Old Town) but in general, and definitely during summer, its is a sh*thole. The main town in particular has just become a lad centre interspersed with coffee shop chains and pub chains.

I think we were the suicide capital of England not long back, there you go then!
  • Well i'll leap to it's defence. For 6 years I lived just along the coast in Rye but the nicest people I met were always from Hastings. It's just a shame there is no work there.
  • The old town is very nice and I enjoy visiting that part of Hastings.
  • It has got it's nice parts but also some hell holes. Bit like everywhere
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2013

Was in Hastings a few years ago and some random drunk dude I've never seen just comes up to me like "oh I know you, you owe me a tenner"

Was it Henry, debt collecting for Bromley Addicks ?
  • I quite like it down there . Stayed Hastings house and Zanizbar hotel before which were great . Decent Webbes restaurant there and another place called St Clements
  • Nothing wrong with Hastings. Lovely old seaside town. The problem is 90% of the residents..............
  • I live in Rye, so just down the road from Hastings and I could confirm that a large percentage of the residents are not the best people. The town itself is fairly decent but considering the fact that the most local club is 50 miles away in Brighton, it's the perfect area for gloryhunting.
  • Off to my annual holiday to Camber Sands on Saturday for a week so will get to visit nice and pleasant Rye and not so pleasant Hastings. One thing that baffles me also is the amount of French/German tourists that come to Hastings, surely you would just head to London instead.
  • The tourists coming to hastings exchange students etc are what keep the old town and on itself the new town in business, I've worked in many a place in old and new town and majority are kept afloat by the students, I must live near you valley Fred, sleepy village of pett
  • A lot happened in hastings that is part of our history nathan not all want to see wax works a big wheel and a bus that rides on water

That's your Dad, Nathan.

Haha, cracked up twice in two posts.
  • The tourists coming to hastings exchange students etc are what keep the old town and on itself the new town in business, I've worked in many a place in old and new town and majority are kept afloat by the students, I must live near you valley Fred, sleepy village of pett

We could have had our own supporters club, I was at Winchelsea beach.
  • wax works a big wheel and a bus that rides on water

I doubt that description of all London's attractions came from the London tourist board.

For a start, you forgot the cable car.

Off to my annual holiday to Camber Sands

Caravan club?