Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match ticket prices announced

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130620-ticket-prices-revealed-874058.aspx

Some one cut and paste the tables as my PC won't let me.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Six Gold matches are:

Addicks Gold fixtures

Sat Sep 21 Millwall
    Sat Nov 9 Leeds United
    Thu Dec 26 Brighton and Hove Albion
    Sat Feb 22 Queens Park Rangers
    Sat Apr 5 Reading
    Sat Apr 26 Blackburn Rovers

Not sure about Blackburn but the others make sense. Derbies or big away support. Rovers is the last home game so fingers crossed we're going for the Championship.
  • Why is Blackburn one of the " Gold" games ?
  • Last home game, they might bring 3000 if going for promotion, milk em for the money.

As for the prices, the U21 prices are really good, £13 for most game to go into the Upper North is a really good price
  • Blackburn because that's for promotion/ play-offs? ;-)
  • Yeovil or Doncaster at home has to be the football for a fiver fixture I would think.
  • Yeovil or Doncaster at home has to be the football for a fiver fixture I would think.

Agree
  • I would expect it to be Doncaster, school holidays + long journey = small crowd.
    Yeovil have always been fairly well supported at The Valley.
    Early in the season match to tempt people to return. Leave it to April and there aren't too many games left to get them back in?
  • Have just noticed that the North Lower is highlighted as a 'premium area'. Is this new? Certainly the season tickets there are the same price as the North Upper aren't they?

Is this just so that we can charge away fans the top price in the Jimmy Seed?
  • Jodaius said:

Have just noticed that the North Lower is highlighted as a 'premium area'. Is this new? Certainly the season tickets there are the same price as the North Upper aren't they?

No, been that way for a while
    Jodaius said:

Is this just so that we can charge away fans the top price in the Jimmy Seed?

Yep, been that way for a while also.

• I thought maybe Derby and Forest might be gold games due to their large away support.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely Ipswich should be gold? considering how much they charge for tickets.
  • Think Forest is an evening game ?
  • What about the big one? Inverness at home ;-)
  • I would have thought Sheffield Wednesday. Massive club.
  • I think that naming Blackburn in April as a "gold fixture" for match tickets the previous June is a bit naive. There's no obvious benefit to making such a decision now and they are poorly supported in normal circumstances relative to many other clubs.

Other than that this is just the previous price structure with minor uplifts, which are not unreasonable in the context of prices elsewhere, but may not generate much extra revenue relative to the bigger picture if we continue with last season's very low match ticket sales to home fans.

Very few people buy "standard" match tickets or in the "concession" category, so increasing these prices is unlikely to have much impact either way, although having too wide a gap between "standard" and "premium" would probably encourage people to trade down.
  • edited June 2013

Yeovil or Doncaster at home has to be the football for a fiver fixture I would think.

The lead time on the marketing work for Football for a Fiver means that Doncaster would have to be decided now and promoted via schools before they break up. I guess you could try other routes, such as the summer events, but it would be a gamble. If you spend more than about £10k on marketing you get into a position where you lose more than you make.

Yeovil is no good because it won't ever work on a midweek game, in my opinion. Barnsley is the wrong time of year. Personally, I'd go for Wigan, unless they are doing very well.
  • Think Forest is an evening game ?

Good point MOG.