Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

End of season DVD

2»

Comments

• Options
    Loverly jubbly
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The production chain for a DVD is quite complex. I doubt if there is an issue with the master. Apart from the fact Jonathan Grade knows what he's doing, it will have been reviewed for technical quality as well as accuracy by the comms team. Once that is signed off, it goes elsewhere to be encoded, with the menus inserted, and then usually from there to a separate duplication and packaging firm.

The problem could be with the encoding - although it would normally be reviewed again after that to check the menus do what they are supposed to do - or with the end duplication. If it's specific to certain content as has been suggested that could be to do with the encoding stage, rather than poor quality duplication. If any DVDs are OK it's bound to be the duplication.

However, it should be resolvable in either event.
  • Options

Same here just started watching it, seems like its on fast forward & jerky to say the least so we have all
    got the same problem im afraid

Unfortunately I have the same problem as everyone else.

• Options
    Brian said:

Same here just started watching it, seems like its on fast forward & jerky to say the least so we have all

Piles?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Brian said:

Piles?
    Made me laugh
  • Options

The production chain for a DVD is quite complex. I doubt if there is an issue with the master. Apart from the fact Jonathan Grade knows what he's doing, it will have been reviewed for technical quality as well as accuracy by the comms team. Once that is signed off, it goes elsewhere to be encoded, with the menus inserted, and then usually from there to a separate duplication and packaging firm.

The problem could be with the encoding - although it would normally be reviewed again after that to check the menus do what they are supposed to do - or with the end duplication. If it's specific to certain content as has been suggested that could be to do with the encoding stage, rather than poor quality duplication. If any DVDs are OK it's bound to be the duplication.

However, it should be resolvable in either event.

Sounds like the old VHS cassette is so much less complicated LOL!
  • Options
    A product recall is most certainly on the cards.

I've only watched the early part but it's jerky and uneven, with the players scurrying around at an exaggerated speed. All that's missing is the Benny Hill soundtrack and Bob Todd rampaging through midfield like a headless chicken.

I expect we can return them at the Boro game. Not great but there we are
  • Options

called the club this morning, they are in contact with the production people. they say there should be an official story on the site at some point this week

Did this story materialise?

• Options
    Has there been this annoucement from the Club ? Apologies if Ive missed it.
  • Options
    No, not heard anything. Gonna call again today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Beckboy said:

Off_it said:

Brian said:

Piles?
    Made me laugh
    Hemorrhoidist...
  • Options
    Just been told there should b an announcement tomorrow morning
  • Options
    Now on the OS that you can get an exchange or full refund. Shiny new batch available.

cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130807-season-highlights-exchanges-available-977022.aspx
  • Options
    Just wondered if anyone has now purchased the DVD from last season and seen that it plays without problems now? Thanks!
  • Options
    Had to return my original one, but got a new one that plays ok.