Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

'Gay cure' Christian ministry closes after founder's same-sex admission

A Christian ministry which claimed for almost 40 years it could ‘cure’ gay people is shutting down after its founder admitted he was attracted to men.

Exodus International, a controversial Florida-based group, made the announcement in a statement on its website, coupled with a personal letter from founder Alan Chambers.

‘For quite some time we’ve been imprisoned in a worldview that’s neither honoring toward our fellow human beings, nor biblical,’ said Mr Chambers.

‘There were several years that I conveniently omitted my ongoing same-sex attractions. I was afraid to share them as readily and easily as I do today. They brought me tremendous shame and I hid them in the hopes they would go away.

Comments

• and with a poof.....he was gone.
  • edited June 2013
    What a terrible shame he felt embarrassed of what/who he is in the name of religion. Don't want to upset people but how anyone can base their beliefs on nothing short of a fairy tale is beyond me.
  • That's curious !
  • What a terrible shame he felt embarrassed of what/who he is in the name of religion. Don't want to upset people but how anyone can base their beliefs on nothing short of a fairy tale is beyond me.

Mind you, so is wanting to put your cock up another mans bottom.
  • What a terrible shame he felt embarrassed of what/who he is in the name of religion. Don't want to upset people but how anyone can base their beliefs on nothing short of a fairy tale is beyond me.

Pmsl

Whilst I wouldn't fancy the idea much to be honest, surely what consenting adults do is up to them. It is like gay marriage. It isn't compulsary so surely nobody should be opposed to it!
  • He got caught out when said ' I am not gay and neither is my boyfriend'