Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Rigby Memorial Game

Comments

• Options

well done to the Bermondsey Pikes must have been a lot of gold fish flogging to get £3K . Struggling to get a few hundred quid here.

Looks like the Cons is shut.

what just for the friendly?
  • Options
    had three people since last night tell me its closed, but i think they mean its for sale---which dosnt mean closed YET. waiting to hear from Tom.
  • Options

had three people since last night tell me its closed, but i think they mean its for sale---which dosnt mean closed YET. waiting to hear from Tom.

Shame if its shut, I generally drink in the Lib but as a support base we're running out of pubs to drunk in pre-game but I often wonder how those places survive on 23 decent takings a year. Is the Con subsidised by the Conservative party ?
  • Options
    Sign up on the building this evening advertising the lease for sale - pretty sure it wasn't there before today.
  • Options

well done to the Bermondsey Pikes must have been a lot of gold fish flogging to get £3K . Struggling to get a few hundred quid here.

On the other hand, you could applaud their efforts.
    As for the Cons shutting, that has been on the cards for years.
    Personally i thought it would fall down before it shut down.
  • Options

It's 3k more then are supporters have donated mate
  • Options
    edited June 2013

How do you know how much our supporters have donated? Just because its not in the press doesn't mean individuals or groups havent donated to Help for Heroes or other funds.

How do you know what the Club and the Community trust are planning to do with the 1st Anglian regiment when they move to Woolwich soon?

We do know how much fans on here have raised for Delmelza, the upbeats and currently the Greenwich and Bexley Hospice.
  • Options
    I love a bit of Teresa Brewer too!
  • Options
    Who care's who has raised what, as long as money has been raised and is going to the right people for a worthy cause should be the main issue.
  • Options
    Yep
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who care's who has raised what, as long as money has been raised and is going to the right people for a worthy cause should be the main issue.

Spot on. It shouldn't be used as a point scoring exercise.
  • Options
    I might be totally wrong and out of order here, but its how i feel.

I know he was wearing a HFH t-shirt, and that they are a very worthy cause etc but at Charlton we have our own Charities which we collect for, and do so very well. We can be proud that our adopted Charities receive thousands of pounds thanks to the generous people of Charlton.

I have given HFH money in the past, and I am sure i will again, but Lee Rigby had a family, so if we were going to give money, I would feel more comfortable giving his family the money. His wife and child will in the short term have help and support, but honestly who in say 5 or 10 years will remember them? How will they cope without a father or husband? HFH has a very big profile and will constantly be in the headlines, and getting money to pass to others, but will i would prefer my money to go to his family or our Charities.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Just a bizarre continuation of the fetish on here to attack the club and fans for any piece of action or inaction. Anybody who uses how much they are somebody else has donated to charity as a point scoring exercise is pathetic
  • Options
    what sparrows said bit sad people bringing up what has or not been raised or having to have veiled digs on millwall
  • Options
    cafckev said:

I know he was wearing a HFH t-shirt, and that they are a very worthy cause etc but at Charlton we have our own Charities which we collect for, and do so very well. We can be proud that our adopted Charities receive thousands of pounds thanks to the generous people of Charlton.

I have given HFH money in the past, and I am sure i will again, but Lee Rigby had a family, so if we were going to give money, I would feel more comfortable giving his family the money. His wife and child will in the short term have help and support, but honestly who in say 5 or 10 years will remember them? How will they cope without a father or husband? HFH has a very big profile and will constantly be in the headlines, and getting money to pass to others, but will i would prefer my money to go to his family or our Charities.

I know what you mean, and just to pick up on one small point which may be reading too much into what you have written. I am very interested that people talk about his wife and supporting her. And yet they were divorced and he had a new fiancee. You see very little about anyone giving her support.

Not just picking on you Kev, just something that I have noticed with a lot of the coverage.
  • Options
    I did hear that, but she does have his child, so would still need support.
  • Options

Just a bizarre continuation of the fetish on here to attack the club and fans for any piece of action or inaction. Anybody who uses how much they are somebody else has donated to charity as a point scoring exercise is pathetic

Agree with both points
  • Options
    cafckev said:

Thats a fair opinion. I would imagine any fundraising done via the club, they will have spoken to his family and let them decide where the money goes.
  • Options
    cafckev said:

Think the money raised on the Millwall site is being split 50/50 between his family and H4H. Someone spoke to an army rep and he said that sometimes when family members come in to a lot of money they don't always spend it as wisely as they should.
  • Options
    cafckev said:

I agree with you that the family should have the money, but our club charities ? not sure why they come into it? the game would be for a lad who was murdered in the local area, so it has nothing to do with demelza etc? who We all happily donate to throughout each and every season.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jarman said:

cafckev said:

I agree with you that the family should have the money, but our club charities ? not sure why they come into it? the game would be for a lad who was murdered in the local area, so it has nothing to do with demelza etc? who We all happily donate to throughout each and every season.

The problem is, (again i hope this isnt taken in a bad way) just because it was a high profile murder, what is the difference between Lees death and the wheelchair bound man killed in Thamesmead this month? We cant go and say one is more worthy than another.
  • Options
    I know the reason behind lees death though
  • Options
    Pretty sure the wheelchaired bound fella was a heroin addict
  • Options

How do you know how much our supporters have donated? Just because its not in the press doesn't mean individuals or groups havent donated to Help for Heroes or other funds.

How do you know what the Club and the Community trust are planning to do with the 1st Anglian regiment when they move to Woolwich soon?

We do know how much fans on here have raised for Delmelza, the upbeats and currently the Greenwich and Bexley Hospice.
    well we dont know but I dont see the point in name calling another clubs supporters seeing as they have donated alot of money to a charity.
  • Options

well we dont know but I dont see the point in name calling another clubs supporters seeing as they have donated alot of money to a charity.
    Why are you quoting me? I didn't "name call" the Millwall fans. Have a go at Goonerhater if that is your point.

Your post read like you were having a go at Charlton fans.

The whole thing, as I said at the start shouldn't be used as an excuse for cheap digs at the club (GH, SE10) or Charlton fans.
  • Options
    Why does piss up and brewery keep popping into my head?
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Why are you quoting me? I didn't "name call" the Millwall fans. Have a go at Goonerhater if that is your point.

The whole thing, as I said at the start shouldn't be used as an excuse for cheap digs at the club (GH, SE10) or Charlton fans.
    Read to me like he was having a go at GH rather than the club in the first place.

• Options

Read to me like he was having a go at GH rather than the club in the first place.

Fair enough if so but read like a dig at us too to my eyes.
  • Options
    I really dont give a flying rats arse what millwall did or or Henrys usual digs ---if people want to put nothing in or people want to do their own thing thats their right and crack on.
    Even if we only raise £50 at least we are doing something.
    Adele from the Lib has said she is ok with the collection and someone has already volunteered to do it. If the Cons is open on the first game thats two boozers.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

You seem to have forgotten his name already.

Let's not make this an excuse to score cheap points.

Wow. Breathtaking.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!