Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    ? where does it say that
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's the Palace training ground lease isn't it?
  • Options
    In the Sub Standard tonight, they reckon it can be built on like the adjoining one, KCC.
    Some nice flats on that one.
  • Options
    So it's the Palace training ground that's for sale ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Yes - Lot 74.

My mob are interested in it. I did point out that there would be high decontamination costs though.

• Options
    Palace are looking toove on to somewhere bigger to get their Cat A status, ans I think are narrowing down new sites.

Likelihood is this will be a sports ground with Jo tenent and may not be able to build houses on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This isn't really a story, is it? They've never owned the ground, they just lease it. No big deal if the owners want to sell it.

There's not exactly a shortage of sports grounds across South London for them to choose from.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

There's not exactly a shortage of sports grounds across Surrey for them to choose from.

EFA

• Options

Palace are looking toove on to somewhere bigger to get their Cat A status, ans I think are narrowing down new sites.

Likelihood is this will be a sports ground with Jo tenent and may not be able to build houses on

That's exactly what we're looking at doing. No issues with it being used for housing - Bromley planners are encouraging it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Prefer this, nice yield on investment too: http://snipurl.com/27c4i44
  • Options
    Addickted said:

se9addick said:

Yes - Lot 74.

My mob are interested in it. I did point out that there would be high decontamination costs though.

I dunno, it should be very green the amount of sh*t they've had on it.
  • Options

Addickted said:

se9addick said:

Yes - Lot 74.

I dunno, it should be very green the amount of sh*t they've had on it.
    Whilst I hate them with venom......their 'shit' still got them promoted and their club minted I suppose.
  • Options
    A wider issue - too many sports grounds and school playing fields are now being built on for speculative housing development.

Especially within established urban areas - if planning permission for housing is granted, then selling the land for development becomes hugely more profitable than it remaining as a sports ground.

And in 25 years time, when there are not enough sports grounds and playing fields available, where will our our young people play their football?

• Options
    i dont think redevelopment of the kent ground(ex lloydsbank) or the commercial union ground would reduce opportunities for youngsters to play football in the area but id be against schools selling off playing fields
  • Options
    wickford said:

Prefer this, nice yield on investment too: http://snipurl.com/27c4i44

Ye Olde Ferrie Inn. Very nice.

• Options
    I got told today, Sainsbury's at that place are closing in preparation for ground redevelopement.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So they bought it themselves...http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/football/10535837.Crystal_Palace_buy_Beckenham_training_ground/
    means they've only got about £57m left!
  • Options
    A sensible move. Palace was much fun when it was owned by idiots...