Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things you didn't appreciate at the time...

Comments

• Options
    Live Aid. Was lucky enough to get a ticket but didn't really appreciate what a momentous day it was. Only really went because the who were playing and thought it would be my one and only chance of seeing them. Had a good day but didn't pay enough attention to some of the acts.
  • Options
    I used to go to Tuesday rock nights at the Tramshed in Woolwich in the mid 70s. On one occasion the support band was Dire Straits. Turned out to be one of their first gigs.
  • Options
    My six pack :-(
  • Options
    England winning the World Cup
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

I bunked in with my mates to Wembley stadium at a "Born in the USA" Bruce Springsteen gig in the early 80's and never watched any of the concert . Idiots !

what did you do instead then? I don't imagine there was much else to do?
    Just mucked around as you do when you are kids.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

bloodnut said:

BIG_ROB said:

My catalytic converter when it worked!

you talking about your kidneys again ;~)

how you getting on now, they settling in alright?
    Yeah cheers pal. Feel right as rain tbh.
    good man.
  • Options
    A fit painless supple body.
  • Options

As a kid went to cup winners cup semi final. Man utd v juventus.
    Couldn't fathom how footballing gods like Arthur graham, John gidman, mike duxbury, Graeme Hogg and co didn't beat the no-hope juventus side containing zoff, platini, boniek and Rossi.

Pretty sure I was at that game. Did it finish 1-2?

• Options
    My mum and dad, well, not enough anyway.
  • Options
    Curbs ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chris Iwelumo. Frustrating to watch at the time but might have stayed up had we not sold him.
  • Options
    Being covered in blankets and wheeled around in a pram. What I wouldn't give for that sort of treatment these days.
  • Options
    Crook Log Primary School.

The lovely Marilyn, who taught this naive teenage boy everything I've ever needed to know about...................well, you know.
  • Options
    Stone said:

As a kid went to cup winners cup semi final. Man utd v juventus.
    Couldn't fathom how footballing gods like Arthur graham, John gidman, mike duxbury, Graeme Hogg and co didn't beat the no-hope juventus side containing zoff, platini, boniek and Rossi.

Pretty sure I was at that game. Did it finish 1-2?

It was 1984.
    1st leg at old Trafford was 1-1. Alan Davies scored for utd and I think paulo Rossi for juve.
    2nd leg utd lost 2-1.
    I'm sure Davies took his own life after retiring from football.
  • Options
    My 32" waist trousers
  • Options
    My 34" waist trousers
  • Options
    The Smiths
  • Options
    How bloody good looking, fit and slim I was 18-23 and how many women and girls fancied me then.
    Fed up with hearing at weddings and parties these days when you bump into some bird from years ago how they really used to like me in the 80's and emphasise the word "used".
  • Options

My 34" waist trousers

What about the 36" ones?
  • Options
    More like 38"...............................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Things I didn't appreciate at the time: several girlfriends in my youth, cruelly sacked and later much missed. (Sighs wistfully.)
  • Options

My 34" waist trousers

just unfortunate for you that your inside leg measurements never got any bigger like your waist has!
  • Options

Sunday any mornings pre children

Sod the mornings. What about miss being asleep at four o'clock !!! My littlun just thrown up his milk on me too!!

This does not count as a Facebook status by the way
  • Options
    I feel your pain MrOne. No worse way than to start the day bleary eyed and with a dirty smelly nappy to deal with.

The only way is up !
  • Options
    You will soon realise you didnt appreciate it that your children couldnt answer back and nappy age was the age you wanted to keep them at

It gets worse and the sleep deprevation never ever changes

You are just up for different things

Like ballet or cubs , football , parties etc then they get bigger and dont want to sleep because its boring

Then you cant sleep because they are out clubbing and your the cab or too worried to sleep

Then your the grandparent baby sitting all weekend so they can sleep as they are really tired being a new mum or dad

• Options

You will soon realise you didnt appreciate it that your children couldnt answer back and nappy age was the age you wanted to keep them at

It gets worse and the sleep deprevation never ever changes

You are just up for different things

Like ballet or cubs , football , parties etc then they get bigger and dont want to sleep because its boring

Then you cant sleep because they are out clubbing and your the cab or too worried to sleep

Then your the grandparent baby sitting all weekend so they can sleep as they are really tired being a new mum or dad

Then they get 16. You have a bit of freedom then somwthing makes you do it again.

And its worse thia time round!!!

• Options
    Time
  • Options
    I feel ya CPL wernt 16 yrs but even 8 yrs later was tough
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    My knee injury at 21. Mind you, I appreciate it even less now I'm nearly 50 with arthritis setting in.

Oh, and my hair!

Still got my teeth though!!!!