Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our Club Shop won't stock 'Club Produced' items

It saddens me that we have lost control of our own club shop to Nike. The latest example of how that can't be right is the fact that you can't buy the Charlton Season 2012/13 Highlights DVD from the Charlton Club Shop (as stated on the club's O/S this week). Ridiculous! Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.........how about you?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2013
    It's the club's decision, not Nike's. They could sell it in the Club Shop, but then they'd have to give a cut from the minimal profit to Nike. If they sell it direct to the end user they get to keep the lot. Was the same last year.

Having said that, I've only been in the club shop twice since Nike took it over - very little in there that I would remotely consider buying.
  • Options
    It's not even Nike. It's Just Sport who are a Nike agent.
  • Options
    Completely agree. Never go in there now. Feels as though my money is not supporting the club.
  • Options
    when is the new kit going on sale at the Just Sport/Nike/Avec superstore
  • Options

Today.

• Options
    edited July 2013

today
  • Options
    ah ok somewhere between now and the 21st

online store closed atm ....must be busy shipping in the new shirts

need to keep brainwashing the kids and the new kit is a good thing to remind them of their team
  • Options

Never go in and when I do it's so bloody dark I get flash-backs from a nasty nightclub in Dartford in the 1980s.

Expect my shoes to start sticking to the floor and the check-out women to start dancing around their hand-bags to some cheesy soul number.
  • Options
    I don't go in either. Far to dark , far too sparse and far too expensive .
  • Options
    They refused to stock my 'Charlton Miscellany' book. Never got a reason why - they just didn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They refused to stock my 'Charlton Miscellany' book. Never got a reason why - they just didn't.

Must have been the reviews. : - )

Matt, drop me an email. I have a little project you will be interested in
  • Options
    Found a £30 gift voucher this morning that I was given for xmas, only to find out the bloody thing has expired after only 6 months, that's an absolute joke of a time limit. Going to try and get in touch with the club shop today and complain as the person who brought it for me wasn't aware of the stupidly short time limit when purchasing it. If they refuse to let me use it, I will be another who will never shop there again.
  • Options
    Went there yesterday to get a cafc baseball cap for my little un before the welling game. They don't have any or have any interest in their customers it seems. First time I've gone in there and come out with nothing. Seems like an own goal by the club to me.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Found a £30 gift voucher this morning that I was given for xmas, only to find out the bloody thing has expired after only 6 months, that's an absolute joke of a time limit. Going to try and get in touch with the club shop today and complain as the person who brought it for me wasn't aware of the stupidly short time limit when purchasing it. If they refuse to let me use it, I will be another who will never shop there again.

Insist on using it to buy the international bestseller "Charlton Miscellany" by Matt Addick. That will throw those tossers off-course and might win Matt Addick a multi-million pound publishing contract with Nike.

• Options

Feels as though my money is not supporting the club.

Can't remember whether Charlton gets a percentage of monies received in the shop or an upfront payment or both. Clearly, if it's percentage based, every time you spend money in the shop you will be supporting the club. Even if the club receives an upfront payment alone, every pound spent in the shop will strengthen the club's hand when it comes to negotiating the next deal, so you are supporting the club. But you probably knew this, and the reality of the situation may not affect how you feel in any event.

Nicholas said:

Can't be indefinite, as JustSports will have a contract of a certain length, and will not want / be able to be in a position to have to honour vouchers after the end of this contract. Six months dosn't seem that unreasonable. Hope the shop waives the time limit and allows you to use the voucher, however the fact that it has expired is not their fault.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Nicholas said:

That is a stupid time limit when everything they sell is out of stock for 8 months.
  • Options
    I just had a look at the £10 voucher I won from Valley Gold - It's dated March and has a 12 month expiry. Not so bad I guess.
  • Options
    Did they ever reduce the price of last seasons, or just stop selling it ?
  • Options
    This is why gift certificates/vouchers are crap presents. They're like money, except money never expires and can be used in more than one shop.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    After phoning up the club shop just now, the manager has kindly agreed to let me use it by the weekend. I also explained to her that maybe people should be made aware of this before purchasing, she said all customers are told by staff when purchasing, which I told her they were not as when they were purchased for me they hadn't been told anything, I then also said there is nothing online telling you they last for such a short time, which she then got irate and said but it tells you on the voucher, to which I replied that no good to anyone has already purchased them as they wont know until they receive the non refundable voucher.

I think once I use this voucher I'm not going to bother spending in there any more, have had problems with them before early on in the year too, regarding an item that I brought which was faulty. Its a shame as I spend quite a bit in there on clothes and various other items for my son and for presents for family.
    I know she has done the good deed and let me use this voucher this weekend which I'm grateful for but I generally don't like going in there any more, there is horrible feel about the place, doesn't feel very Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Nicholas said:

After phoning up the club shop just now, the manager has kindly agreed to let me use it by the weekend. I also explained to her that maybe people should be made aware of this before purchasing, she said all customers are told by staff when purchasing, which I told her they were not as when they were purchased for me they hadn't been told anything, I then also said there is nothing online telling you they last for such a short time, which she then got irate and said but it tells you on the voucher, to which I replied that no good to anyone has already purchased them as they wont know until they receive the non refundable voucher.

I think once I use this voucher I'm not going to bother spending in there any more, have had problems with them before early on in the year too, regarding an item that I brought which was faulty. Its a shame as I spend quite a bit in there on clothes and various other items for my son and for presents for family.
    I know she has done the good deed and let me use this voucher this weekend which I'm grateful for but I generally don't like going in there any more, there is horrible feel about the place, doesn't feel very Charlton.

Maybe it's just me but I think I would have the row about the voucher and insisted I would never buy another one after I'd swapped the out of date one for goods.

I am completely with Randy Andy though, why would anyone ever swap real money for money with an expiration date - and this is before we factor in the guarantee that they come with. a £5 note has a promise to pay from the Bank of England. Retail stores go bust all the time!

One is not supposed to give vouchers, it's deemed wrong for some reason, so I always put cash in an envelope and write on it 'Special vouchers that can be used in most (if not all) shops'.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Maybe it's just me but I think I would have the row about the voucher and insisted I would never buy another one after I'd swapped the out of date one for goods.

I am completely with Randy Andy though, why would anyone ever swap real money for money with an expiration date - and this is before we factor in the guarantee that they come with. a £5 note has a promise to pay from the Bank of England. Retail stores go bust all the time!

One is not supposed to give vouchers, it's deemed wrong for some reason, so I always put cash in an envelope and write on it 'Special vouchers that can be used in most (if not all) shops'.
    I think some consider just stuffing cash in a birthday/Christmas card to be brash and soulless - I personally couldn't care less !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Nicholas said:

I think some consider just stuffing cash in a birthday/Christmas card to be brash and soulless - I personally couldn't care less !
    Thing is it is very hard to buy something that someone wants if you don't know them very well. I send cash to my friend's children on their birthdays and at Christmas. I have no idea what they have, I don't have any daughters, so I don't know what little girls like. I could send something that ends up sitting in the corner for months then goes in the bin. What a waste of money.

And don't get me started on the Teachers gifts that parents are expected to stump up at Christmas and again at the end of the Academic year. I have no idea what they would like. Just how many naff 'Best Teacher' trinkets can one person want. £20 note, she's happy, I'm happy, everybody's happy! - job done!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Nicholas said:

I know a postman who doesn't :-)
  • Options
    The reason I always asked for vouchers is because I thought you could still use them to purchase away tickets as well as well as stuff from the club shop. Always comes in handy if your skint and there is an away coming up I wanted to go to. I didn't realise just sports stopped that as well.
  • Options
    I think there are probably two types of voucher - I was advised that under the new arrangements the CAFC gift vouchers sold by the club could still be spent in the shop last season.
  • Options

I think there are probably two types of voucher - I was advised that under the new arrangements the CAFC gift vouchers sold by the club could still be spent in the shop last season.

They were the ones I was assuming I was going to get as they have previously been brought in the club shop. I didn't realise Just Sports would do their own version that could be just spent in the club shop. Also if I remember rightly the cafc vouchers last for a year. Very confusing and piss poor advertising by the club and shop regarding that they sell 2 different types of vouchers. If people knew there is no way they would buy direct from Just Sports.

Buy the vouchers from the ticket office you can use them on match tickets and in the club shop which expire in 1 years time, as well as the club receiving more of the money.

Buy the voucher in the club shop, you can only use them in the club shop and they expire in 6 months time. where the will only receive a small percentage of the money.

Poor all round.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Sounds like an issue for the fans forum to me, although I'm not aware there was any time limit on the CAFC vouchers.
  • Options
    Def one year time limit on the CAFC vouchers, found out today.
  • Options
    What a different attitude to customers now. I remember when I paid a visit to the the portakabin shop ( we were then I believe playing at upton park and the valley was in limbo after the clean up ). A customer asked the shop manager if we could take some photo's and within minutes he unlocked the Valley gates and we found ourselves on our favourite east terrace spot.What a great bloke that manager was I think his name was Chris Tugwell-he could certainly teach the present administration about hood customer relations.