Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FSF uses Freedom of Information law to embarass the police and hold them to account

Good work!

However they rather spoil it by failing to show us (unless I am blind) what the material was that they got from their FOI request. That is the whole point of FOI. I wish they had used the WhatDoTheyKnow website, then we could all have seen the whole correspondence

Comments

• Options
    And fair play to the FSF. I pointed out to them that it's a shame we cant access the documents, and within an hour, they have made them available. Good work.
  • Options
    And there are a lot of emails to read, but they provide a fascinating insight into the way the police behave in such matters, as well as being a tribute to some of the people who refused to accept this nonsense.
  • Options
    Very interesting to read through. Would be better to see the minutes of the early meetings where the restrictions were agreed on though.

All the emails suggest is that there was no basis for the restrictions other than financial and possibly a bit of bloody-mindedness on the behalf of the police when sky wanted to change the game.
  • Options
    Very interesting read. I'd be inclined to suggest that any future TV deals include a stipulation for SKY/BT/whoever to have to make a contribution towards increased policing costs.
  • Options
    An interesting read.
    It's an irony that the aftermath of this stupid decision has probably cost a good deal more for the police desk jockeys to deal with (I'd guess the names of the expensive WYP in-house lawyers are among those redacted) than if they'd just agreed to police the game properly in the first place!
    As an aside, I also love the utter pomposity of the plod with liberal use of the words "myself, yourself and ourselves" when me, you and us would have been both better and grammatically correct.