Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jobs of Semi-Pro Footballers

I was just reading that the Welling United squad will be training three mornings a week this season (as opposed to evenings).
As the players are part time, I just wondered what type of jobs they do when they're not playing football.

I guess a few are self-employed and a few work shifts, but bearing in mind they have to be available for midweek evening games, I wondered what kind of jobs are flexible like this??

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Black cab driver
  • Options
    Building and other construction jobs.
  • Options
    Had a few pals play at semi pro level over the years. One managed to be a fireman and black cabbie, another was a fitness instructor, also an office temp........
  • Options
    Brother used to play for dover and they trained 2 nights a week and his office allowed him to leave early for midweek matches
  • Options
    Brother in law plays for Whitehawk... If he misses hours @ work he just makes time up + he's got no fans
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Brother in law plays for Whitehawk... If he misses hours @ work he just makes time up + he's got no fans

Mate of mine just signed for them. Nearly got in Mk dons. Can't wait to see that guy there! Hilarious
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

Mate of mine just signed for them. Nearly got in Mk dons. Can't wait to see that guy there! Hilarious
    They're fantastic.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

Who's that?