Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Whats your excuse for the Monday morning blues?

edited July 2013 in Not Sports Related
Everyone hates Mondays, FACT. But what's your excuse today?

1) Office Drinks on a Friday.

I'll give a run down of mine - I went out to a leaving do on Friday, the first social I've bothered with. I was pretty nervous at first, yet after a drink or two I became the social butterfly... after 6 or 7? Not so much. During the course of the festivities:

- I c*ck blocked my boss pretty hard, on multiple occasions - as well as "whispering" *ahem* rather loudly "She's lying to you mate, she doesn't have to go anywhere.. She's just lying so she's got a getaway."

- In the course of flirting with all the female members of staff (See point 1), I used legendary lines such as "Hey, we've never spoken - I've noticed you though.. a fair amount. I just want to say though.. I don't stare at you. I find myself looking at you when I think. I don't know about you - but I'm a starer when I think... and you always happen to be in the way of me staring." and "How can you not know my name? It's so memorable - and I'm pretty much a bit of a big deal around here.". (The drink was flowing. See point 4)

- Discussed the most embarrassing sex stories I could remember with a bunch of guys I barely know - vomit, STIs in Vegas, dodgy virginity stories and, my favourite, "The more I went at it, the more I re-found my sobriety. I went from having a go on Pippa Middleton at the begining, to finishing up in the Queen.". (not mine.)

- Got one of the above guys to buy me drinks as "I can't be arsed going downstairs. We're on a roof terrace. Cheers mate"... Should probably pay him back, as that was a dickish move.

Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to confronting everyone here..

2) General work related issues

It's 16:30 on Friday and we have a client handover of a project I've been working on for about 2 weeks. We have no project manager. The requirements weren't gathered correctly (or fully), design assets weren't complete and I was using a framework I'd never used before - against my wishes...

Queue my boss coming back with a list of recommendations and fixes. Including the immortal line of "I suggested this one, Sorry. I don't even know if it's possible though...". Other features included rewriting a file parser that took days to complete, restructuring a database and refactoring a codebase of a few thousand lines. (Note, if you're not techy - I estimate this, realistically - if following best practice, to take 2 or 3 working days.)

When is the deadline? 11am tomorrow. "You can either stay late tonight or come in early on Monday"; 16 hours early? So I've tried to get away from it a bit, but at 1AM I find myself burning the candle. Oh, and ironically he encouraged me to go to the social in the evening... (He wont be doing that again I fear...)

Comments

• Options
    I disagree about hating Mondays. I am usually ready for the week ahead. I tend to have had enough of work by Friday. Don't believe everything Bob Geldof tells you.
  • Options
    Gotta go hospital every Monday morning for 18 months
  • Options
    I fcking hate monday to Friday. Cant wait to be a cabby and be my own boss.
  • Options
    Bit of root canal work this morning. Great!
  • Options
    Uphill slog until Friday 18:00. I can see the bottom of that hill right now. :0(
  • Options
    First day back after two weeks off, went to Cyprus now getting ready for work :-(
  • Options
    Tuesdays are worse.
  • Options
    Had last Thursday and Friday off just makes it harder to go back today
  • Options
    lack of sleep .. I need a few more night time zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs please
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Very quiet at work so days are very long and drawn out. Don't want to be here especially with the weather like it is at the moment!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now that I have young kids the weekend is the work, and the week is the leisure. Monday morning is the new Friday night.
  • Options
    Mr Murray has ensured this Monday is easier than normal !

Tuesdays are worse.

Agree with this.
  • Options
    I'm retired so don't have Monday morning blues
  • Options
    People that are looking for work, so you organise them trials over the weekend, only to open your inbox monday morning to see they havent turned up.
  • Options
    All sorts
  • Options
    i found a dead magpie under my desk and now my office stinks. probably been there since Friday afternoon. does that count?
  • Options
    Been a fantastic Monday morning for me, chasing a fire through some woodland in this heat since 7am.
  • Options
    Was told a couple of weeks ago that I am being made redundant...hardly been in the office since then (told I don't really have to be there)...have never been happier...
  • Options
    Sitting by the lake to day fishing
    Just love Mondays
  • Options
    edited July 2013

i found a dead magpie under my desk and now my office stinks. probably been there since Friday afternoon. does that count?

One for sorrow I'm afraid, Will, so yes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mondays and Tuesdays are my days off, love em both, it's the weekend that suck.
  • Options
    Can't be worse than a Monday after loosing to Palarse/Smallwall/A N Other.................:-(
  • Options

I disagree about hating Mondays. I am usually ready for the week ahead. I tend to have had enough of work by Friday. Don't believe everything Bob Geldof tells you.

Get all the hard work done by Thursday... then beers... Fridays for hangovers and Weekends for family & Addicks ... simples
    Mondays - repeat!