Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Other Champ clubs transfer dealings

Having gone through and listed the ins at all the rival championship clubs in the sticky at the top of the board, what's your thinking on the business other clubs seem to have done so far ?

Comments

• Options
    Grant Holt to Wigan is and will be the signing of the summer
  • Options
    Mike said:

I agree with you there.
  • Options
    My gut feeling is there is still a huge amount of business still to be done
  • Options
    mate when i end up doing alote of business i find its usually down to me gut.
  • Options
    No cash being splashed that's for sure. A lot of player shuffling going on - all seems very mercenary.
  • Options
    Mike said:

An interesting one as he doesn't really fit their style.
  • Options

Mike said:

An interesting one as he doesn't really fit their style.
    new manager, new division, new style, back to basics (who said that?)
  • Options
    Thoughts at this stage are:

Wigan have bought well. Don't know whether they'll keep Maloney, McManaman and McCarthy but at this moment in time i'd have them as title favourites. Think Holt is a great buy and guarantees them 25 goals.

Birmingham and Blackburn have bought well considering almost all of their signings are free.

Blackpool have done badly. Basically they've lost 3 first team players to bigger clubs in our league, that is not good. Tom Ince will surely leave too.
  • Options
    Holt to score 25 goals? Maybe, but I wouldn't say "guaranteed" unless you're including some assists in that.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Blackpool - the owners are taking money out and not reinvesting...
    Many deals are free / undisclosed which is a sign of the times and FFP kicking in?
    It will be interesting to see how different the starting XI plus subs are from last season because I dont see major changes...
    All the more reason for us to push on!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wigan and Reading the favourites but Derby and Ipswich are dark horses for me.
  • Options
    Yes Tom, if he stays fit all season i'd be surprised if Holt doesn't get 25 goals.

I know they'll probably lose a couple more players but the Wigan squad at the moment actually looks better now than when they were in the premier league!
  • Options
    Wigan will have a new team come the start of the season, when we came down we saw alot of changes doesn't always work.

Don't think coyle is the right appointment though
  • Options
    Wigan will be a lot different from the Martinez teams, a lot more British type players, you don't buy the likes of Holt and James Perch to play Barcelona style football...

Blackpool are sinking back towards their natural level, as their parachute money reduces. Remember, they are a much smaller club than we are, for example.

With Watford, just showing transfers in and out is misleading, as a massive number of last season's squad were loanees! If they don't get Vydra back, then that's a massive loss for them.

Birmingham seem to have done good business, though it must be painful to lose another starlet (Redmond).
  • Options
    Holt is a good player but needs service from wide areas, not something that Wigan have really done under Martinez.

With a new manager coming in Wigan will have to start from scratch, so really not sure how they will get on.
  • Options
    Holt is a decent player and one we'd be more than happy with.....however I'm not sure he is a guarantee of 25 goals as stated earlier. He's only once before scored 20+ in a season in the Championship. Wasn't a regular at Norwich as a starter last year and although not 'past it' is entering the final stages of his career.
  • Options
    Wigan so far still have McArthur, McCarthy and McManaman, plus a decent keeper and back four and now Grant Holt. I'm sure they'll be right up there.
  • Options
    Bolton I fancy for second or thereabouts, Ipswich to make the playoffs. Reading to win, Wigan I have a feeling will struggle a little more than expected.
  • Options
    What's everyones thoughts on QPR? I'm fully expecting them to struggle to make any impact. I don't think they'll be relegated but I predict Redknapp will be gone by Xmas one way or another and that they'll finish mid-table at best.
  • Options
    If wigan had a martinez mgr they would win the league with that squad with coyle i think they will get play offs

Blackburn for me are the one to watch

QPR will be auto with black burn

I get the feeling that we will prove a lot of people wrong and really push hard at the start of the season and some late free offerings and some well thought out loans will enable us to go early but fall late

• Sponsored links:

• Options

What about Nottingham Forest? ..best footballing side I saw last season home and away.

I fancy them, Bolton and possibly Leeds.

All three relegated teams may struggle to make play offs, parachute or no parachute.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if QPR walked it this year
    I have a feeling they will splash out more dosh
    I think Wigan will be a mid table disaster under Coyle
    I really believe we are destined for Wembley this season
    Huddersfield buying to stay in this division
    Dark horses for me are Bournemouth
  • Options
    I don't know how anybody can say we will finish in the play offs at the moment. We have one senior striker with a number of youngsters. If we bring in some quality with Jackson, Obika and Sordell then I can understand people's optimism and I would feel the same. At the moment we will struggle at the other end of the table. Let us see who we bring in the next six to seven weeks.
  • Options

Holt is a decent player and one we'd be more than happy with.....however I'm not sure he is a guarantee of 25 goals as stated earlier. He's only once before scored 20+ in a season in the Championship

The season he scored 20+ for Norwich was the only time in his career that he'd played a full season in this division.
  • Options
    Coyle did get Burnley promoted, so he has a track record in this division. Building a new team can be risky, but the I remember a certain Chris Powell building a new team 2 years ago and doing rather well...
  • Options
    the reality is Dick we wont start the season this way I believe that the free signings and loans we get in will do us ok
  • Options

the reality is Dick we wont start the season this way I believe that the free signings and loans we get in will do us ok

I believe that is right, but I am just hanging fire to see what sort of forward players we bring in. If it is of the standard of Jackson, Sordell I think we will do very well. If we are scrabbling around in the bargain basement then it is a lot more problematic.

• Options
    I think Wigan have bought well with Holt, he'll smash a few past us no doubt. I think Ipswich will be a very good team, under Mick last season they finished so well considering their position at Xmas. Playoffs are my prediction there.
  • Options

I think Wigan have bought well with Holt, he'll smash a few past us no doubt. I think Ipswich will be a very good team, under Mick last season they finished so well considering their position at Xmas. Playoffs are my prediction there.

Of course teams might look at OUR form at the end of the season (we were by far the form team) and consider with a couple of strikers that we'd be contenders for the playoffs as well :-)
  • Options

Of course teams might look at OUR form at the end of the season (we were by far the form team) and consider with a couple of strikers that we'd be contenders for the playoffs as well :-)
    Difference is Ipswich are owned by a Kevin cash type but who isn't afraid to throw his money into the mix