Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Inappropriate kisses/smileys in texts/emails

When I send my wife an email or SMS, it usually ends 2-4 kisses as in xxxx. However I have now twice accidentally put kisses to female member of staff and a client. Have you made any similar faux pas? Xxxx

Comments

• Pretend you're French.
  • Accidentally eh...
  • Sometimes if I'm talking about a person, i'll accidentally send it to that person as they're in my head. Only happened once or twice and luckily wasn't too bad!
  • Yeah i've sent an email to someone in the office slagging them off that was meant for someone else.

Probably one of the most awkward moments of my life.
  • edited July 2013

Sometimes if I'm talking about a person, i'll accidentally send it to that person as they're in my head. Only happened once or twice and luckily wasn't too bad!

My mate cheated on his missus of about 4 years with some bird we'd met on a night out. I was the only one who knew and he sent a message basically talking about the whole thing that was meant to go to me but to his actual missus by mistake for the same reasons you stated, shocking situation ensued.

When I send my wife an email or SMS, it usually ends 2-4 kisses as in xxxx. However I have now twice accidentally put kisses to female member of staff and a client. Have you made any similar faux pas? Xxxx

Oh, and the answer's simple - recognise that you aren't a 13 year old girl and don't send "xxx" as a statement of affection to anyone, especially someone who would need a legal settlement to get rid of you.

• Never picked up in North America. Seems bloody stupid to be honest.
  • JT said:

Accidentally eh...

If you knew the client, you wouldn't. As for the member of staff....if I was 30 years younger....

• edited July 2013
    On a listserver, which was an early forerunner of forums, a friend of mine once intended to post a private reply to someone but accidentally done the equivalent of 'reply to all'. He referred to a leading person in my business as a fat, ignorant, arrogant pompous idiot. He had to post a retraction but it was all too late. More to the point, the person was a fat, ignorant, arrogant, pompous idiot.
  • edited July 2013
    I got a text from a mate - and he knew if was me - with an x after it. He was very embarrassed and said it was force of habit. Naturally I let everyone know and made him suffer for it.
    No-one steals a kiss from me!
  • I aint a grass but someone in here sent me one last week with xx on the end

I could sense their embaressment when i text back i like you but not like that sorry

MY htc desire was a c**t for sending texts to people who wernt meant to gret them many a close call
  • Sponsored links:

• adsads
    edited July 2013

• I aint a grass but someone in here sent me one last week with xx on the end

I could sense their embaressment when i text back i like you but not like that henry

MY htc desire was a c**t for sending texts to people who wernt meant to gret them many a close call

• Back in 1999 an extremely fit girl in my old work once sent me a text that was red hot, telling me all the things she was going to do to me later on and how she was so hot for it, etc.

I was stunned (and already engaged) and read it a couple of times to make sure it was not a wind up - it looked legit enough.

But I just knew it wasn't meant for me, we were good mates and there had been no sign if anyything sexual, so I replied, "Sounds great, what time shall we meet later on then?"

True enough, about 30 seconds after sending it I heard a massive shriek from her part of the office and she ran into the Ladies!

Problem was, of course, that rather than sending it to her very new boyfriend - who shared the same Christian name as me - that I ended up the receiver!
  • About 6 years ago I was selling Ad space in the city working for a bit of a c**k and I was hungover on the train thinking about how he screwed me out of the world cup cricket leads and was intending to send my "disgruntlement" to my girlfriend via text.

So loads of aggressive swearing and how he cant do his job and how I'm far more capable of maximising the money etc, and of course I accidently sent it straight to him. I was also kind of after his job.

So when he came in all angry, I just played it off as a joke, which I think unsettled him.

Didn't get fired and pulled in more money that month than him anyway.

But the train journey to work I was panicking until I realised if I play it off as deliberate it was my only chance... turned out alright
  • sign of to a few bloke mates with x :) obv girls get xx

Doesn't really mean much, but there is a way you can tell whether someone is keen by adding a kiss and seeing if they put more on etc pretty stupid really
  • a pal at work tried to text me that he got the number of a young lady he was chatting to when i left the pub and that he was going to "take her out next week then ruin her shitter, the filthy bitch".

you can guess who he actually sent it to.

Doesn't really mean much, but there is a way you can tell whether someone is keen by adding a kiss and seeing if they put more on etc pretty stupid really

Are you 12?

spit or swallow? usually works for me.

Are you 12?
    Erm read my DOB, so no :) and i did say pretty stupid ....
  • I am of the generation that looks upon Facebook as infantile, and the use of emoticons as utterly puerile. For quite a while a friend of mine was in regular e-mail correspondence with a lady who lived a long way off; they shared some common interests. But one e-mail from her contained a smiley-faced emoticon, which for my mate was beyond the pale. He summarily sacked her; broke off contact altogether. A little harsh? Maybe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dear (name withheld)

Please acknowledge this written confirmation of the outcome of your capabilites review.

As discussed your contract with (name of organisation withheld) will terminate on 3rd June.

If you wish to appeal this decision you may do so following the process outlined in your current contract and explained to you at the review meeting.

I trust you will find suitable employment in the near future.

Kind regards

(Name witheld) :0) xx.
  • Dear (name withheld)

Please acknowledge this written confirmation of the outcome of your capabilites review.

As discussed your contract with (name of organisation withheld) will terminate on 3rd June.

If you wish to appeal this decision you may do so following the process outlined in your current contract and explained to you at the review meeting.

I trust you will find suitable employment in the near future.

Kind regards

(Name witheld) :0) xx.

Wow, is there any grounds they can appeal as they have a smiley face and xx at the end? eg. can take them to court
  • Wasn't someone on here (possibly Carter) involved in a sh*t club which was a group of mates used to send graphic pictures of their turds to each other and a girl had inadvertently been included in the distribution list?