Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kel Brook vs Carson Jones

Only just noticed this is on Sky tonight. Should be a decent fight.

Comments

• Options
    Decent undercard too. Selby got a real test here
  • Options
    Brook to win on points. He knows what's coming this time. Carson is a menace.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Brook will be in better shape this time.
  • Options
    What a punch from Matthews!
  • Options
    Blimey, how did Matthews pull that one out of the bag. Cracking fight.
  • Options
    Brook will stop him in the second half of the fight
  • Options
    Carson Jones looks a different fighter from their first fight.
  • Options
    why only 10 rounds? brook is caining him
  • Options
    Brook looks in great shape
  • Options
    The ref stopped that way too early . Jones was ok . Dodgy stoppage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stoppage wasn't the best but there was no way that Jones was going to win the fight from there. Eating punches for no gain.
  • Options

Stoppage wasn't the best but there was no way that Jones was going to win the fight from there. Eating punches for no gain.

I agree that jones was unlikely to win but that is no reason to stop the fight . People would have had money on Brook to win on points.
  • Options

I agree that jones was unlikely to win but that is no reason to stop the fight . People would have had money on Brook to win on points.
    Had the attack on the ropes continued for another 30 seconds or minute, then it would've been a good stoppage. But the ref did definitely jump the gun at that point, he only hit him once on the ropes!
  • Options
    Jones would have been stopped not long after

• Options
    awful reffing and starting to spoil boxing , jones was onto a loser but no need to stop it
  • Options
    Totally agree Dan. That and the knock down where he didn't touch down. Jones has a rite to be aggrieved
  • Options
    Refs first priority is the safety of the boxer. Jones had lost every round IMO and was throwing nothing back. I agree it may have been slightly early but how long can you let a man be a moving punchbag
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Refs first priority is the safety of the boxer. Jones had lost every round IMO and was throwing nothing back. I agree it may have been slightly early but how long can you let a man be a moving punchbag

Exactly my thoughts, Jones had no response in him and was taking some heavy punches.
    At first It looked tactical to let Brooks wear himself down, Jones offered nothing till the fourth round and not much more for the rest of the contest.

• Options
    Job of the réf is to stop it before he gets hurt. Good stoppage as he was taking heavy punches round after round. People will always disagree as they want to see more action.
  • Options
    Complete mismatch, don't really understand why he is fighting him again?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jim What? seemed to think Jones kept getting back into it though.
  • Options
    Brooke won every round
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I think jim watt was saying brook keeps letting him off. Jones was never in it in a winning sense. He was allowed to get his senses back.
  • Options

I think jim watt was saying brook keeps letting him off. Jones was never in it in a winning sense. He was allowed to get his senses back.

Jim What? hasn't got a clue what he's saying to be fair. Bloke's a clown.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Jim What? hasn't got a clue what he's saying to be fair. Bloke's a clown.
    Well thats how i translated it. Even though he is rarely clear.