Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BBC 3 last Night Motor racing

A very good TV doc last night about motor racing in the 60z early 70z and the high number of deaths. It was brutal. Jim Clarke car broken inyo pieces his body thrown out and hiting two trees 15 feet in the air ! Drivers in magnisium cars burning to death in front of the crowd----- Jacky Stweart trapped in his car and rescued by Graham Hill who had to borrow tools from a sepectator. The last one was the worst--- 1974, car flips on its back and bursts into flames a British driver (cant remember his name) Pursey ? stopped ---tried to turn the car over ----ran and got a fire extingusher---- still tried to turn the car over----no help and no other drivers stopped-----his mate in the car burned to death-----he was awared the George Medal.

Disturbing but great TV.

Comments

• Options
    I think I have seen that before, a fantastic documentary. Highlights how dangerous the sport was and how far the sport has come.

On a side note, did you see the documentary on bbc2 last night at 9 about the 1976 season between james hunt and nikki lauda? Amazing to think that lauda was seconds from death but got back in the car just 5 weeks later
  • Options
    did they show the Graham Hill interview when he stated that at one grand prix the on site medical emergency doctor was a gynaecologist ? .. Graham said (I paraphrase slightly): 'I know we were a bunch of c**ts but that was taking it a bit too far' ... (:->)