Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Open 2013

Any lucky people going? Am guessing there'll at least be a few people watching and bets being hedged..? The list of past winners at Muirfield is very impressive so a big name could well step up and take it come Sunday evening. Except for Rory McIlroy, don't waste money on him. Matt Kuchar has also struggled badly at Opens in the past.

So far I have gone for Jason Day each way, then George Coetzee and Martin Laird to place. I may wait 'til a few more previews are out before throwing away more cash.

Comments

• I've also done Jason Day e/w, with Scott Piercy as my other e/w bet
  • Won't get to see as much as usual as I'm at Lords on Thursday and Sunday, but will watch as much as possible, especially as my all time sporting hero is playing his first round of competitive golf for three years. Wouldn't it be great if he could do a Watson/Norman or maybe even go that little bit further?
    He's on 5Live right now, great story teller, and so down to earth.
  • Got Thu/Fri off this week so hoping to see a good chunk of it. I've done 2 from this side of the pond - GMac & Harrington and 2 from the other side Haas & Kuchar. Can't say I'm over confident but I think Haas is underrated and a big price at 80-1 +. Would love to be at Muirfield, been to the Open at Sandwich a couple of times but not elsewhere.
  • turned down a 2 week work pass up there gutted but the wife couldn't get the time off to look after the bin lids
  • Rose, Kuchar, Molinari, Villegas, Bjorn, Manassero & Scott . . . . Paddypower paying 7 places.
  • Was there 11 years ago when Els won and was at lytham st Anne's last year when he won again! Gutted to not be there again but off to ashes Sunday instead. I'm betting on my 2 favourites, Adam Scott and Padraig Harrington.
  • Hunter Mahan... 70/1 with paddy, open a telephone account and they triple it. 210/1 will do nicely
  • CAFCsayer said:

Hunter Mahan... 70/1 with paddy, open a telephone account and they triple it. 210/1 will do nicely

That's who i have backed. 90's on betfair.
  • Bet Victor doing 8 places e/w
  • Day, Snedeker and i like those odds on Hunter...
  • Sponsored links:

• Bjorn, Snedeker, Wood and Simpson for me
  • Is Poulter ever gonna win it?

Not this time. He's got a new wand & some new hybrid's in his bag which is never a good sign pre major. There are other players more overdue than him anyway. I'm going for Day, McDowell & Harrington.

If it was over in 3 rounds he'd have a chance
  • Colsaerts, Els, Lawrie, Scott .. and my usual small wager on Woods
  • ive gone with westwood, mcilroy, j day, and my outside shot is jonas blixt.

westwood has recently joined with sean foley team (the coach of Tiger/JRose/HMahan/etc...)
  • I'm not a betting man, but having seen the height of the rough I'd say put your money on someone who hits it straight.

heard an interview with Woods & he says he'd hitting irons off most tees
  • edited July 2013

I'm not a betting man, but having seen the height of the rough I'd say put your money on someone who hits it straight.

heard an interview with Woods & he says he'd hitting irons off most tees

How tall is it? Sign him up.
    Gone with Woods.
  • I've a little nibble on Adam Scott, but got a feeling it is going to be wide open as most of the typical links conditions will not be in play.

Essentially, there is no wind, and the normally challenging rough has dried out so much it just won't be as difficult to recover from

• Essentially, there is no wind, and the normally challenging rough has dried out so much it just won't be as difficult to recover from

Like your golfing YouTube clip?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ha, some people have great memories
  • edited July 2013
    Jason Day double bogeyed the 1st..currently +2 after 3.

Jimenez is -4 through 6!
  • Jiminez now -5.

Saw he was 150-1 last night and was going to ew.

Didn't...
  • Mickleson -2 after 3 holes
  • edited July 2013
    Am guessing most people know, but for those stuck at work there is a live stream on BBC's site.

Edit: Stating the obvious but it is looking reeeeally fast out there. McIlroy (from off the green) has just putted into a bunker. They're causing a lot of problems too greenside.
  • few of the old bods with plenty of experience scoring well.

My bet, Jason Day, double bogeyed the last to end +2. Helmet.
  • A nice tweet from Keegan Bradley: "On range after my round Miguel a Jimenez walked past me with aviator sunglasses, cigar and bottle of wine. Maybe he is the coolest man alive."

I wouldn't argue with that.
  • edited July 2013
    Muirfield is a really ugly golf course .. it looks better in the more usual Scottish mist & dreck weather
  • Tigers 4-1 now, Mickelson around 10-1
  • Westwood -5 for the day through 9 holes....he's having a stormer